43: Tocsin

(Chapter - 43)

(Chapter - 43)

The brothers soon assembled at the rooftop and sat themselves on the cane chairs placed. It would be a lie if they said that they weren't nervous at all, the impatient tapping of their feet was a witness to it.

"Good evening Dad," Sunghoon was the first one to stand up abruptly and greet the elder, causing the rest to flinch and greet him too.

"It's so lovely to see you all together in person... It's been a long time, isn't it?" Mr. Park smiled at his kids which seemed suspicious to them.

"Yes Dad..." Heeseung scratched his head as he threw a nervous smile to his father.

"Take a seat, boys." Mr. Park suggested them.

"After you, dad." Niki insisted to which his father passed him a comforting smile.

"Coming to today's agenda now, who was keeping a check on Y/N before she disappeared?" Mr. Park asked them as his voice slipped into a monotone sending chills to the siblings.

Everyone looked nervously at Sunoo, who was shifting his gaze here and there due to nervousness. They couldn't throw him in the black hole all alone, he was their own brother after all.

"There was no one around her at that time. She was roaming about on her own." Jay replied to him, a tinge of satisfaction and relief appearing on the rest of the group.

"Jake... Is that so?" Mr. Park moved his gaze to Jake, who suddenly flinched on the mention of his name.

"Y-Yes dad! No one was around her, no one..." Jake replied nervously, unsure of his response.

"Can you repeat this while looking into my eyes Mr.?" Mr. Park asked.

They all were doomed.

Mr. Park was well aware of the fact that Jake couldn't lie. Well, only in front of him. Jake feared his father a lot and in front of him all he could speak out is the truth. He may have deceived people around the world, playing puppet shows with them all on his fingers, but whenever he tried to lie in front of his dad, his skills would deceive him for the worst. His expressions, reflexes and body language could tell it all. After all, a parent knows everything about their child and that is happening now too.

"Sunoo was around her at that time, dad." Jake stated the fact regretfully as he threw an apologetic glance towards Sunoo, who was throwing daggers at him.