FORTY FOUR

[ 🌱 ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━

[Y/N] [L/N]'S POV

━━━━━━━━━━━━

I WATCHED AS the man was seized by the milleliths and was dragged towards somewhere else

paimon sigh, "paimon wonder why does he wants the pendant so much that he lied.." aether shake his head and glance towards me. i blink and grin, "anyways it's already end right?"

"ooh that's true.." paimon nod.

i tilt my head and give them a close-eye smile. "yes, i wonder that too paimon. why?"

ningguang tap her arm and smile, "now that's settle, i shall give this pendant back to you." she said as she hand the pendant towards me. i grab it politely and check it. i sigh in relief when the pendant was unscathed.

"thank you, lady ningguang! i'll go make my payment now. even if someone accuse me of stealing this, i'll just shove the trade agreement on their face directly and then—" i smile darkly as paimon sweatdropped.

"uh aether, paimon thinks [y/n] has gone crazy— a-aether?" paimon stammer once she saw a dark face on aether's too. "i'll make them suffer too for accusing [y/n]—"

paimon's body twitched.

ningguang chuckle and waved her hand. "just to get the trade agreement, no need to pay. it's on me, count it as a payment for letting this happening on you." she said and i let my mouth fall agape.

"NO lady ningguang you don't have to! you said we're going to have a meal together and that's enough!! you don't have to!" i almost scream in shock. aether and paimon only blink.

"i don't have to, you're right." she said and my eyes sparkle, but it was crushed by her next words.

"but i want to."

i stand there defeat and she chuckle. "it's simply because i found you adorable and yet very admirable. shouldn't you feel honored?" she teased and my body shookth.

my whole face turned red and i waved my hands. "L-LADY NINGGUANG WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"

she only smile teasingly and turned around. "well then, i shall meet you again later. goodbye for now, miss [y/n]."

i almost fall apart.

aether shake his head and sulkily tugged onto my arm. i wasn't yet recover from ningguang's attacks but aether's cuteness shall not be ignored.

"aww aether let's go first, later we'll come back!"

"mhm, yea." he hum and pull me away as i happily let him do so. paimon stay back, looking at the scene blankly.