she protects you from a creep (requested)

"I'm going to run to the bathroom real quick. If the waitress comes, tell her I'll be right back. Alright?" Hailee grinned as she slid out of the booth.

"Okay. No problem." You said and puckered your lips as she came to your side to give you a quick kiss before she headed to the bathroom.

You continued to look through the menu, still undecided on what you wanted.

As you waited for Hailee to return, you heard someone clear their throat as they appeared in front of you.

You lifted your head to look at them, thinking it must be the waitress.

You planned to tell her that you'd need a couple more minutes.

But, instead, you saw a man with a creepy grin on his face standing there.

"Well, hello there, beautiful."

You ignored him and looked back at the menu, only for him to put his hand on it and push it across the table so you'd pay him attention instead.

You hesitantly looked up at him again.

"It's not nice to ignore people."

"Leave me alone." You said.

"Not going to happen, darling." He smirked. "I get what I want always and what I want right now is you."

"Too bad. I'm taken."

He shoved you across the booth before sliding in beside you.

You stared at him in shock.

You were no longer just creeped out and uncomfortable. Now you felt afraid too.

"You're beautiful." He said as he tried to place his hand on your thigh, only for you to smack it away.

He chuckled as he rubbed his hand, feeling the sting from your hard slap.

"Why don't you come with me? I'll take you home. I'll make you something better to eat, something better than what you'll find in this restaurant."

"I'll pass."

He grabbed your hand, gripping it so hard that it hurt terribly.

"Let go of me." You demanded but he just smirked and shook his head.

"I told you. I want you."

"Hey!" Hailee yelled and you and the man jumped over her presence.

You felt so relieved to find her standing there.

You knew you were safe now.

"Can't take a hint, buddy?"

The man chuckled.

"Who are you?"

"Her girlfriend," Hailee said as she clenched her jaw in anger. "And she will not be going anywhere with you."

People were starting to look on at the scene as Hailee raised her voice louder with every word she spoke.

"You will let my girlfriend go right now."

"Or what?" The man said as he stood up.

Though he was taller than her and much more muscular, she wasn't afraid at all.

She felt this intense need to protect you and she was going to do just that.

"You don't want to find out." She said. "You're a disgusting creep. You need to get the hell out of here and leave my girl alone or I will call the police."

He seemed to be a little frightened by her threats.

"Why don't you go find someone else? You're not getting my girl. Not even in your dreams."

He looked between you and Hailee for a second.

"Get out of here right now or you will regret it."

She stood tall and fearless and that intimidated him.

So he let out a grunt and walked away, storming out of the restaurant.

"Are you okay, my love?" Hailee asked as she sat down in the booth beside you, pulling you into her arms.

"I'm okay." You sighed. "Thanks to you."

She smiled as she rubbed your back soothingly.

"I will always protect you and keep you safe. I promise."

"I know." You said as you kissed her neck. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said as she kissed your head lingeringly, holding you as close as she could to make sure that you felt safe and sound.