Chapter nine ⁹ | Milo's house

"Get the door, Milo!" Maggie, Milo's older sister, demanded from her room beside his

"Get the door, Milo!" Maggie, Milo's older sister, demanded from her room beside his. Their room doors open so Milo hears her crystal clear even under his blanket.

"Why me?!" Milo grumbled back loudly, head popping out from under his fluffy blanket.

"Because I said so!" Came Maggie's totally 100% original response.

"Plus you already woke up hours ago!" Maggie added to prove Milo should be the one to open the front door.

Milo rubbed his eyes before stumbling out of bed and over to his doorway managing to avoid falling over anything on the way. His sister was technically right, he'd woken up early forgetting it was the weekend.

He'd fed the cats and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and checked the time on his phone only to realise it was Saturday, which mocked him on his phone screen silently. Glad he hadn't changed into his uniform at least and went back to bed intending on sleeping in.

Milo went down the steps two at a time not wanting whoever was waiting outside to wait for too long. Getting to the front door and opening it without a second thought. Coming face to face with Nick and Charlie.

Nick and Charlie both get a view of a freshly out of bed Milo. Milo's bed head making his curls go wild and fringe covered most of his vision. Wearing his purple silk PJs and was barefoot.

"Aren't you supposed to be at your grandma's house today Charlie?" Milo asked, speaking first after processing the fact both Nick and Charlie were the ones at his front door. He'd remembered Charlie saying he was visiting his grandma on Saturday and Sunday this weekend some time during the week at lunch.

"Oh, my bad. Come in, it's literally lashing." Milo shook his head when he realised the two were standing under a small umbrella, opening the door properly.

Nick and Charlie stepped in and Charlie, who'd been to Milo's house frequently, was already taking off his shoes while Milo closed the front door.

"Hey, Nick. I know it's weird but could you take off your shoes here? It's just a rule in the house." Milo requests while Nick doesn't mind taking off his shoes, doing so straight away afterwards.

"Milo-" Charlie started speaking while Nick took his shoes off but was cut off by shouting coming from upstairs, nearly jumping at the suddenness.

"Who is it?!" Maggie yelled down causing Milo to yell back up the stairs though not as loud "Just Charlie and Nick!"

Silence following meaning Maggie was satisfied with the answer. Milo turned to look at the two guests now in the house.

"Before we talk more, should we go to my room?" Milo suggested, the three going upstairs right afterwards, Milo leading the way.

They didn't get far upstairs when Maggie leans against her bedroom doorway frame looking at Nick and Charlie.

"Hey Maggie." Charlie greeted her while Milo held back an irritated noise realising his sister must have already been awake and could have gotten the door herself to begin with.