ACT II| AMOR

i. what is love?

ii. loyalty, a man clad in silver and steel states, to be by someone's side through everything. his words are bitter when he speaks, tainted with the taste of black coffee and grief. no one would find love in a heart as angry as his, that he knows, but when will it ever fade? when will he stop blaming himself for every injustice the world has faced? he doesn't think he can save everyone, but just for one day, he wishes he would've held her hand.

iii. beauty, a man with thoughts made of roses and thorns smiles, nothing matters unless it's pleasant to the eye. he's right, that he knows. no one cared about aphrodite bleeding for adonis until her wounds bloomed. love is immortalizing all of that, those moments which remind you of a dream. he doesn't want to hear about the nightmares screaming in the shadows. if icarus was a fool for chasing the sun, he'd be fine being a beautiful fool as well.

iv. insanity, a girl with charming and empty words whispers, someone who will love you even if you lose your mind. she remembers her father condemning her mother with a heart just as black, but most of all, she remembers thinking that if there was no hope for them, there never would be for her. no matter how far she ran, she'd never escape the shadow of her childhood home, the memory of her skin being burned over and over again. it couldn't be helped if no one loved her. she never had granted that warmth to herself either.

v. death, a man without a soul says, with her hands wrapped around my throat, that's how i'll know i adore her. he doesn't just want love, he wants it all. a heart offered to him arteries attached, bleeding all over his hands, the taste of iron on his lips, a knife on a bare throat. everything is so boring after all,
so extremely boring. he'll douse the world in tragedy if he has to, set it on fire simply to feel something again. god doesn't exist, but he does and isn't he far more fun to worship?