Chapter 15

The constant dripping of water from loose pipes echoed throughout an endless facility that stretched from above and below, nothing but the smell of murderous intent and narcotics filled the air.

This place smelled like literal hell.

From stagnant water in pipes, questionable sludge on certain floors, and cement floors that were cracked and in desperate need of repair.

Mukuro Ikusaba almost went as far to say she hated it, holding her tongue solely because of her sister; while her emotions become conflicted day by day, nothing in this world could dare step in the way of her sister unless they wished to end up dead or a slave of one of the others.

She wondered what it would be like if their parents were still here, would Junko have turned out the way she is now?

Thoughts for later, not like she could get along with anyone here.

Brushing a hand through her short cut hair, she adjusted a strap on her boot and took a deep breath before finally entering Enoshima's office.

Unlike usual, Junko had her hair down and a small mirror in her hand as she'd been doing her makeup to pass the time while the main members of their organization had been dispatched; if there's one thing that she'd become obsessed with, it was her appearance, turning the world upside down, and that bastard child, Makoto Naegi.

Closing it with a loud chack, almost equal to that of a bolt action rifle, Junko now stared at her reflection in a glass window which she could gaze out of and observe any experiments their nurse and deranged partner in crime, Mikan Tsumiki did on an almost daily basis when not treating the injuries of others.

"Things have been set in motion thanks to that dumb child who blindly followed us, the head chairman no longer lives. I've tried to find out who the replacement is but they've amped security to an extreme and even made a shoot on sight order depending on what a person is doing in a certain radius."

Mukuro then placed herself on one knee and turned her head to the ground, pearly blue eyes filled with slight fear, she didn't fear death; she feared her own sister yet adored her all the same as the twin could practically put her under a spell.

Sweat formed on her forehead, trickling down to her chin until it hit the floor, both remaining silent.

"I didn't ask you to do that in the first place, you have an objective and have constantly let me down lately. It's pathetic, it's like all you care about is that damn boy."

If there was one thing the deranged woman couldn't handle, it was attachments. They always failed when needed most, just like her pretend family.

Junko took the opportunity to grab a fistful of her hair, pulling her sister upwards as the girl's scalp felt like it was on fire due to nails literally digging into her skin.

"For such a loyal sister, all you keep doing lately is disappointing me."

A whimper of pain, gritting her teeth tightly to the point she felt as if they'd shatter.

Forcefully letting go, Junko brushed a hand through her blonde and strawberry-hued hair before her heel was forced into Mukuro's mouth.

A small smile as Mukuro began to choke, attempting to speak and make amends for how she felt like a pure failure under her sister.

"I'll say this once more, kill Makoto Naegi, or I'll let our helpful little spy do it themself."

Smooth hands clamped around the young soldier's neck without hesitation, leaving the girl to only writhe in pain.

"I keep getting sidetracked due to everything going on outside of our goals." She gasped out upon being released and once again hitting the floor.

"Then do something about it, mommy didn't push you out of the damn womb for nothing, It was to be under me," Junko remarked snarkily, sitting down in her chair and resting her cheek on her inner palm.