Ten

April 24th

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I groan rolling my eyes behind my sunglasses then lift them up, resting them on the top of my head. I glance over at Milo who has his accusing blue eyes pointed right at me.

He has a beanie over his annoying wild hair and a baggy jumper with baggy jeans, he looks like a hobo. Doesn't he know that it's summer?

I'm the complete opposite, wearing shorts and a thin shirt because I know how to coordinate my clothes to the weather unlike some people. "Huh?" I question.

Currently I am sat on- wait you guess.

Times up, I'm of course on the sunbed, trying to catch a tan that somehow keeps slipping through my fingers. I want to be a nice shade before going back to college instead of a sickly pale one.

"Leave peasant" I say before giving him time to reply and drop my glasses back over my eyes. Though it sadly doesn't shut him out, just darkens everything.

He furrows his thick eyebrows at me and pulls an offended face but I can't seem to find it in me to care if I hurt its feelings.

"Why are you being a dick? Do you not remember our deal, if you were mean to me we had to be friends." I roll my eyes because he sounds like a pathetic whiney child right about now, I sit up and face him.

It's been a couple of days since the party my dad threw for charity- since I completely obliterated Milo in the 'who can dress better' bet. And i have not spoken to him once, everytime he tried to come up to me when I was outside I just left and spent the day in.

He's stupid if he thinks I'm going to hold the end of my deal and be his friend.

Yet he's even more stupid when he drops down onto the sunbed next to me, legs crossed. His blue eyes wide with hope are trained on me so I shuffle back a bit, blue eyes are quite intimidating. Especially his bright ones.

They're so bright, but his looks like they're staring right into your soul and to be fair I didn't even know I had one before he looked at me with his piercing stare.

"May I help you?" I question with a sarcastic tone because ew, he's staring and he's way too close. He seems to snap out of it when I say that and he clicks his tounge to the roof of his mouth.

"Hey do you know that girl from the party" I don't even get time to answer before he's already speaking again. "What was her name? Oh- Darcie wasn't it?" I open my mouth but shut it when he continues his ramble.

"Yeah her, anyway I heard from my mum who's sort of friends with her dad- which by the way i don't even know when that happened because my mum does not socilize, hey she's like you. Anyway what was I saying, ah Darcie. Apparently she's the daughter of my mum's new friend who is the head of this town's college. Did you know that?"

I blink at him for a moment or two, trying to process his chaotic speech before I rub my eyes behind my glasses and sigh. I know who he's on about, Darcie that las from the party who came over to us. And I know her dad- the head teacher of my college through my dad knowing him.

But I honestly don't care.

"Milo do you really think I care about any of what you just said" he opens his mouth but this time I shut him up with a snap of my fingers. "No, the answer is no. I don't care. And I'm not your friend so why are you spilling the tea to me?" He scoffs at that- amused at my wording but then shrugs.

"Well we are friends now-" "no we're n-" "because of the deal! So yes we are, you can't break a deal." I stare blankly at him but he continues. "And friends share things, like gossip."