4. Knowing Her

Somehow, with some unbelievable luck, I managed to ask Thisalee out on a date, and even more miraculously, she said yes. I still couldn't believe it even when I was getting ready for that date a few days later.

We agreed to meet at the library at seven, but I was there long before that, wearing my best clothes – the ones without holes or weird stains that couldn't be washed away – and checking for the hundredth time I had my wallet and my phone with me.

When Thisalee arrived around ten minutes later, I couldn't believe my eyes. She walked up to me and gave me a flirty smile. My brain froze. My whole body froze. She really came! What did I do to deserve this chance?

"I take that as a compliment," she said after a short moment.

"W-What?"

"You, staring at me," she said, smiling.

I had to admit she looked hot. Hotter than hot. She had a tight, knee-length black skirt and a black-and-gold shirt with long sleeves and pretty generous cleavage. Her dark hair was flowing through the wind, shining in the light, and her sparkling green eyes were watching me carefully.

"Are we going or what?" she asked, and I realized I was still staring at her.

"Y-Yes, of course," I muttered, making her squint her eyes at me.

"Where's that cockiness of yours now?" she asked.

"I'll find it. If I'm lucky..." I told her and started making my way toward the road.

"I hope so," she said as she followed me.

Since the restaurant I chose was close by, and the weather was nice, we decided to walk. For some reason, being next to her made me feel more courageous than I actually was. And it was so easy to talk to her! It was like I had known her for a while now. I hoped she felt the same way. Even though our topic was just about school stuff, it was probably the best conversation I'd ever had. We hated the same teachers and liked the same classes, and I learned a bit more about her.

"I'm really only studying because I didn't know what else to do with my life," she admitted when we reached the restaurant.

"So, you haven't decided what you want to be when you grow up?" I asked as a joke. She laughed shortly, but I could tell we had reached the point where she refused to tell me more about herself.

"I like this restaurant," she said without answering me.

"It's the only decent restaurant in town," I said, opening the door for her. "What's your major?"

She looked at me shortly from the corner of her eye before stepping through the doorway. "It was psychology, but I switched to engineering."

"That's quite a change," I noted while following her.

She shrugged without looking at me. "I figured engineering would be more useful."

"For what?"

"To build a time machine," she smirked at me.

"Uh-huh," I chuckled.

I enjoyed our date to the fullest. Part of me was sure that she was just using me for a free meal, but even if that was the case, I still enjoyed her company. I hoped she felt the same way. We ate, we drank, and we talked for a long time. She even told me a little more about herself. She lived with her father just outside the city. She'd won a few kickboxing competitions. Her best friend's name was Aurora. It wasn't much, but I was glad she was slowly opening up to me.

We left the restaurant a lot later than I had even imagined, and I was surprised when Thisalee suggested we'd walk the long way back to campus. I didn't mind, on the contrary! I followed her happily as we walked slowly around the town, continuing our chat.