Chapter 31

"dont be! You got hit and lost control. Not your fault."

After a short conversation with the two of them I went on to my own garage. Simon greeted me with a tight hug. "I thought you were seriously injured when I couldnt get an answer from you." He spoke.

"Im sorry I really tried to talk to you when I was hanging there but I think the radio was broken or something." I explained. Letting go of him

I got pulled into a group hug from the mechanics and when they let go Christian came over.

"Christian Im so sorry about the car. I really tried saving as much as I could, but I wasnt able to." I apologized.

"Dont worry about the car. Were glad you are okay, and well recover the data from the car later. Now get into the garage and change into something dry!" he scolded.

"Lexi! Thank fuck youre fine!" Max exclaimed when he came back into the garage.

"Why did I have to pee right before you came back!" he scolded himself and pulled me into a hug shortly after.

"Im fine. Now Ill get changed and then I have to go to the medical centre. My knee popped out and I had to pop it back in after I crawled out. Ill see you then, okay? Good luck Max!" I said waving and making my way to my driver room.

After changing into the team kit, the adrenaline started to wear off and my knee as well as my ribs and head started to hurt like a bitch. Limping out of the room I was met with Ian: "Hey, I just wanted to know when youll be back because of the media pen and stuff. "

"I dont know Ill get checked out and then text you, okay?"

"Perfect" with that he left.

I was on my way towards the medical station behind the grandstand trying to walk as normal as possible and without flinching at the pain in my ribs whenever a stray fan that wasnt watching the track patted my back after a quick picture.

Long story short a three hundred meter walk never felt this long and painful. I should have taken the medical car earlier I scolded myself repeatedly.

When I finally arrived, I was ushered away to the doctors. I had some bruised ribs a slight concussion and my knee had to be put in a brace. They even gave me crutches and told me to relax my knee for the next few days.

To be honest I was glad to have the crutches and some pain meds because the pain was getting more unbearable by the minute.

Back at the garage the race was going again. It had cleared up and everyone was back on the slick tires. Unfortunately, Max was pretty far down the order as he got tangled up in the incident earlier.

At the end of the race, it was nice to see new people up on the podium and Esteban was the happiest Ive ever seen anybody to win a race. Lewis on the other hand was looking like he was about to faint. I caught a glance of Angela Cullen looking rather worried as he could only get on the top step of the podium with Estebans help.

After watching the podium, I went into the media pen to do the interviews.

"Alexandra! You dont look too good! After this horrible crash and walking back to the garage yourself we see you here with crutches! What happened?" the sky sports journalist asked.

"Well thats a funny story actually. I dont know if you saw on the screen but after I got out of the car, I had to pop my kneecap back into place and I honestly thought I was fine after that aside from a headache but as the adrenaline wore off it started to hurt more and more and after I got checked out, they forced me to walk with these things." I shrugged down to the crutches.

"What happened? How did the crash take place from your perspective? "

"Well, I think you know the footage better than I do but I either lost the rear or someone hit me and then I just couldnt control the car anymore and then I slid into Lando who catapulted me into the air and the I was upside down."

"What went through your head when you were hanging there? We didnt hear any radio messages from you. Were you unconscious?"

"I think I lost consciousness for a second but then I tried to radio to Simon, but I didnt get an answer and to be honest I panicked for a second after that because I saw some flames and stuff. But I managed to unbuckle myself and crawl out of it." I explained.

"After Valtteri hit you do you think you could have continued the race if you werent flipped upside down?"

"Did Valtteri hit me?" I asked surprised. He nodded.

"Well, that is a good question I dont know the damage of the car after the hit, but I know that when I was in there the whole front of my car was gone so I dont think I could have continued."

Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder. As I turned around, I saw the Mercedes suit of Valtteri: "Hey I just wanted to apologize for hitting you. How are you?"

"Im fine thanks. Its okay. Everyone makes mistakes. But you owe me a coffee. A really good one." I smiled

"Done. Hows your knee?" the fin smiled back

"Back where it should be and recovering. Sorry for ending your race by the way. "

"Dont be."

After a desperately needed break my knee was fully recovered and I heard from a few people on the team that Checo was recovering as well and was going to be cleared to race soon.

I arrived to Belgium on Tuesday with my motorbike after an exhausting but very pleasant journey to the track. I dont exactly know if the team approved of me not coming to the track in a super car or even a Honda but honestly, I didnt care. (Looking back I should have cared because a lot of the following situations would have been easier if I would have walked on eggshells around the media and the team but back to the story.)

After a pretty fun press conference with Yuki (who, to my dismay was still a bit taller than me), three free practices and a bad qualifying in which I ended up in seventh while Max got pole, I hoped that we could at least get the team some points after an engine penalty which made me start in P19.

Sunday turned out to be a pretty shit day to hold a formula one race. It was pouring, but we went onto the back of the truck anyways and waved to the fans who were watching despite the heavy rain.

I found myself in the middle of the other drivers this time. Sebastian had taken on my usual place next to Kimi and I found myself in the middle of the other drivers.

Someone came up with the great idea to play would you rather and so we were laughing our butts off before we even got to turn three.

"Okay my turn would you rather eat a whole can of dog food or lick some dog poo?" Charles question was followed by a round of disgusted noises.

"Would you rather be stuck in a room with 100 non-venomous spiders or 100 nonvenomous snakes?" I asked.

We went on and on until we came back to the finish line and had to go our separate ways.