Chapter Eleven

Me and the other elemental masters were in the sky in an air ship.

Turner was looking at Jay, who had crutches and a broken leg. "What are you staring at, Zippy?" Jay snapped.

"The next one out of the tournament," Turner snapped back.

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shade?" Kai asked.

"Afraid that we're going to find a tattoo on your back and know you're working for Chen?" I added.

"I hope this next fight is between you and me, because I'mma put you on your back," Shade threatened.

Mr. Pale was flirting with Skylor and she rolled her eyes. "Do you mind?"

"Tensions are high," Garmadon noted.

Lloyd looked out the window. "Yeah, but not as high as we are now."

I looked out the window as well. "It's a good thing that I'm not afraid of heights."

"I can hardly see the island from up here," Lloyd said, glancing at me.

"I can't!" Neuro said, pacing back and forth. "I can't stand heights! Where's Chen?!"

Even though I didn't really like Neuro, I did feel bad for him.

Neuro opened the door to the cockpit and all of the elemental masters gasped as we realized there was nobody inside.

That's when a screen lit up. Chen's face appeared. "How do I know if this things on? Ooh, ooh, I see the light! I'm on! I'm on!" Chen cleared his throat. "Hello, the final nine. I see your all eager for the tournament to commence, so one of you can win my staff of elements."

"No, not really," I interrupted.

"Shhhh!" Chen demanded. "Instead of fighting for a jade blade, you will be for something different!"

Chen clicked a button and his face disappeared. It was replaced with an aerial view of the forest. I could see something moving. It zoomed in and . . .

"Nya!" Kai whispered.

Everyone stared at Kai. "Do you know her?" Skylor asked.

"It's my sister," Kai said.

Chen's voice came back on. "We have an uninvited guest on this island. Find her, and you will automatically move on . . . to the final round!"

"He wants us all to hunt her down! She doesn't stand a chance!" Jay said.

Lloyd realized, "We have to find her, before anyone else does."

Lloyd pulled down his mask, and all the ninja, including me and Skylor, who the ninja had made outfits for, followed. Mine was pink.

Chen continued. "The bottom of the ship will drop."

Everyone gasped.

"I'm not a bad man. I've given you eight parachutes," Chen smiled.

"Eight!" Turner yelled. "There's nine of us!"

"Ten, including Garmadon!" I yelled.

The bottom started to fall.

Everyone lunged for a parachute, except for me and Garmadon.

"I've never been very good at counting," Chen admitted. "Looks like two of you are in trouble."

"That guys love for trap doors is seriously getting on my nerves!" Lloyd screamed.

Garmadon and I looked at each other worriedly. "What do we do?" I asked him.

"I don't know," Garmadon shook his head.