twenty

Sunghoon silently drove home and stopped the car when the traffic light turned red. Suddenly, raindrops started falling on the window, making him shocked.

Daeun!

He instantly turned his car around and drove to the school. He saw a familiar car parked in the parking lot alone. He jumped out of his car and sprinted to Daeun's car. To his surprise, the car was empty.

He ran into the building and went to his office. He sighed out in relief at the sight of Daeun hugging herself while sleeping on the couch. He sat next to her and moved a few strands of hair away from her face.

He chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm so sorry for leaving you."

She slowly opened her eyes and saw him staring at her, soaked due to the rain. She instantly sat up straight, "You're here."

"It's raining so I thought you'd still be here."

"About this morning, I am so sorry. I don't know what happened between you and your parents and I'm so sorry–"

"No. Don't be. It's alright, you didn't know."

She sighed and held his hand, "Are you going to tell me about it?"

"No."

She scoffed and nodded, "Why did I even ask? You should go home, Sunghoon. I'm planning to spend time with my cousin for a while."

"Let me drive you."

"No need. I drove here by myself so I should drive to his house. By myself. Goodbye."

He watched as she slammed the office door close.

Is she angry because I'm not telling her about my parents?

I'm not ready.

Sunghoon sat on the couch and rubbed his temple.

Daeun halted when she reached the entrance. Rain was heavily pouring down, making her hesitate. She brought her bag to cover herself and sprinted to her car.

Her heart raced rapidly and she held her chest to calm it down. She tightened her hands around the steering wheel and closed her eyes. "I can't drive in this rain."

She saw Sunghoon running to her as he held an umbrella. He knocked on her door, waiting for her to open it. She brought the window down and frowned, "What?"

"Let me drive you. You can't drive in this heavy rain."

"Yes, I can."

He sighed, "You're angry at me for not telling you what happened."

"No, I'm not," she laughed and rolled her eyes. He opened the car door and held the umbrella above her, "You are, Daeun."

She got out of the car. He instantly held the umbrella above her to avoid her getting soaked in the rain. "I just feel that it's not fair of you not telling me since I told you about my traumatic experience."

"I do not want you to see the other side of me."

"What side? I do not care about what happened to you. If you told me about it, then I wouldn't have to worry about what to say to you. I wouldn't be scared and worried because I would know what not to say to you."

He bit his bottom lip, still feeling hesitant. "I'm sorry, Daeun. I can't."

"I don't care if your parents killed someone or committed adultery. I do not care about those things! All I want is for you to be honest with me. I know we're not even a real couple but I do not want to walk around on eggshells and be scared every day of saying something to you."

"Ahn Daeun," his voice softened. She exhaled heavily and got back into her car before driving away, leaving him alone in the rain.

Jungwon opened his door and widened his eyes at the sight of Daeun barging in. "You didn't tell me you were coming."

"I had to come here."

He noticed she was bothered about something and motioned for her to sit down. She obeyed and took a deep breath to calm herself.

"I fought with Sunghoon."

"Your fake boyfriend? What happened?"

"I told him everything about what happened between me and Doyun. I said something bad today about him and his parents. And he lashed out at me but he didn't tell me why. He doesn't want to tell me what happened between him and his parents."

"If he doesn't want to tell you, you shouldn't force him."

"I know! But it feels unfair. Because he knows about the worst memory I have experienced but I can't know his?"

Jungwon watched as his cousin kept ranting about the neurosurgeon. He couldn't help but smirk, "Ahn Daeun."

"What?"

"I think you're in love."

She scoffed and stood up, "What nonsense are you talking about?"

"You want to know more about him. You willingly told him about your trauma and now you want him to do the same but when he doesn't, you become frustrated."

"No, it's just a polite thing to do. You tell people the reason why they offend you, not leave them hanging."

"You fought with him in the rain. How romantic," he went to the mini bar and poured himself some alcohol, "Wine?"

"Yang Jungwon, I don't need any alcohol right now. I'm not crazy. I don't love him. This relationship is only fake."

"Mark my words, Daeun. You're falling for him. And if you're not, you will. If you don't love him, you wouldn't come here and rant about it. Now go home and think about what you did."

He held both of her shoulders and brought her to the door before pushing her out of the house. She pouted and left the place.