FERAL: chapter twenty-six

I watch as the warriors train with Moses

I watch as the warriors train with Moses. I want to be out there; I want to help.

"Take a break!" Moses yells and I quickly stand up before making my way to him.

I had been working on walking better so there was no reason why I couldn't go. Other than the fact that I couldn't shift.

"Moses!" I call out to him.

Moses turns to me and a frown forms of his face. He already knew what I was going to ask since we have been having the same argument for days now.

"I want to train," I tell him with pleading eyes.

Moses sighs and shakes his head. "Ony-"

"Please," I beg.

"Look, I have no issue with you training but the alpha's forbid it. If you want to train, you need to talk to Alpha Gray."

My jaw clenches at that. No matter how hard I tried to convince Gray, he refused to let me.

With a nod, I turn and go to find Gray. The possibility of him letting me train was slim, but I had to try.

As I walk around the pack, I find Gray sitting inside the pack house. The moment he sees me, annoyance clouds over his face and he stands up and walks up the stairs. I hurry to follow him, ignoring his scowl.

Can't get rid of me that easily.

"Alpha!" I call out. The word still felt foreign on my tongue.

With the mixture of a sigh and a growl, Gray turns around and looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What, Onyx?" He questions, even though I'm sure we both know what I want.

"I want to train- I want to help," I told him pleadingly.

Gray frowns at me before shaking his head. "Onyx-"

"-It's my mate, I want to be there," I interrupt him.

Gray gives me a disapproving look before continuing.

"You're right he's your mate-" I open my mouth but his glare has me closing it. "-but that's exactly why I can't let you go. Gaius was worried about making sure you got back safe, sending you out there would ruin that. Besides, you heard the council, Onyx, you need to stay out of trouble."

I frown but don't say anything. Gray moves past me before placing a hand on my shoulder.

"You need to worry about yourself too, Onyx- not just Gaius. If you won't do it for yourself then do it for him."

With that, Gray leaves and I stare after him.

If you won't do it for yourself then do it for him.

...