FERAL: twenty-nine [part two]

I wince when the needle pierces my skin

"You're handling this well, Beta."

I ignore Dexter's comment and squeeze my eyes close. Each time they injected me, I felt my wolf try to push forward. Every time that happened, I managed to push him back in fear of killing someone else again.

"You'd be better off just giving in," the man beside Dexter comments.

"I won't," I scowl.

My voice sounded strong but in reality, every time they came, I found it harder to keep control.

"Why now? Why have you waited years after the war to get your revenge? What's your plan with all this?" I ask the man.

He snorts and shakes his head. "I'm not too caught up on the whole revenge thing, it's an added bonus though. What do I really want?" He moved closer. "I want to create a new type of wolf."

"What?"

This man was seriously crazy.

"Werewolves are supposed to be one of the strongest supernatural creatures and yet their so weak," he shakes his head. "I want to create the perfect wolf, one who will be strong but also obey my commands. What better way to test my experiments than to get rid of my enemies in the process?"

"You can't be serious," I shake my head.

He lets out a laugh. "Oh, but I am. With a strong enough test subject and witch, anything is possible."

"The ferals-"

"The ones you've seen are failures so far. Onyx was one of the closest, and you took him from me. That's alright, you've given me something he never could've."

The witch moved to get the green syringe.

"Onyx would have never been strong enough for this project, but you have something he doesn't have. Beta blood."

"You're crazy, this will never work," I shake my head.

He lets out a laugh. "Oh? But I've already gotten close in the past."

What?

Before I can ask anymore questions, his eyes gloss over and his jaw clenches. He grabs Dexter before moving towards the door.

"Doctor? Please give our friend here his final dosage."

"Final?" She shakes her head. "His body won't be able to-"

"Doctor!" He growls out.

She stares at him for a minute before sighing and turning to me.

"This is going to hurt," she says bluntly just as the needle pierces my skin.

My teeth clenched as pain explodes within my body. I feel my canines begin to extend outward and my vision becomes blurry.

The last thing I hear is the sound of growls coming from outside the door and the sounds of my bones cracking.