046 - Everything and More.

(046 - Everything and More.)

Shout out to VeeNovels for being a very supportive avid reader of my books. From Beneath The Surface till this book🔥. She deserves accolades ❤️✨.

This chapter will start with Simi's POV and end with Hilary's POV. More of Simi than Hilary though. And be prepared to smile and cry at the same time because this chapter will legit make you feel everything. That I can guarantee.

Hold your Kleenex o😭✨❤️.

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀(Simisola André Jordan)

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀
(Simisola André Jordan)

My mind was still in a turmoil of thoughts by the time I was driving into Whiteridge estate, thinking back to the events that happened just minutes ago in Mum's private ward.

I was trying my best not to think about it. I was trying my best to believe that the nature of Mum's illness was really accumulated stress. I wanted to believe that the real reason she wasn't in the car with me right now, going home with me right now was that the doctors were really extending her stay for a few weeks just to observe her and run some tests.

But why did it feel like they were hiding something from me? Why did it feel like it was all a lie? Some sort of cover-up for something I couldn't place?

Trying to rack my head and think was futile because everything was just messy. My thoughts were messy.

I just hate being left in the dark about situations that concern the family. Situations that somehow concern me and someone I love. Being an overthinker was both a blessing and a curse, and right now it was a major curse because I couldn't stop thinking about everything bad.

And all I wanted to do was stop thinking about the bad for once.

"God please, help mum," I prayed in the solitude of my car.

"I don't know what is going on, but whatever it is, just help her," I whispered, letting out a sigh of complete frustration. This was honestly the best I could do right now if my parents - or rather, Mum weren't going to tell me anything.

Sighing, I drove toward Eastwell chateau and turned at the junction that led into the street. Immediately after I drove in, I sighted a figure right in front of my house, and I didn't need anyone to tell me who it was before I knew.

Hilary.

She was right there, sitting on the steel bench attached to the floor of the sidewalk. She was sitting there, her head hung low to stare at the screen of her phone while her fingers tapped away. Then, I remembered that I was meant to call and inform her that I was already on my way home but my mind was too preoccupied to remember.