Chapter Five

Jungkook

      "How are you doing? You look like death."
      I smile without merth at Jim's concern. "Yes, well, I can truly say I feel like I appear."
      Jin frowns in concern, rubbing his hand over my disturbingly large stomach. "Does it hurt? Mine didn't really hurt but yours looks very painful."
       I glance over at his large bedroom mirror to stare at my pale reflection. Dark bruises encircle my eyes and I can barely breathe. My lungs feeling crushed and stuffed inside my body. My large stomach taking much of my sight from the short distance.
       "It is quite painful." I stifle a groan as I shift on the bed. "Do you think Yoongi and Namjoon will return soon?" Yoongi's close proximity is the only thing that seems to help the pain. I'm not sure how but he makes it stop almost completely until it's bearable.
        He looks out at the base pensively. "I-I'm not sure. They left only two hours ago. It could take a few more for them to return. Can't you communicate with Yoongi mentally?" He asks.
        I sigh. "It's too much effort and I'm tired lately. I'm sure I can just sleep this off. I'll feel better later."
       "You need to eat."
       "I'm not hungry. I'll be sick if I try to force it." I remind him with a small smile. "Medic, remember? I'm being very careful. Don't worry so much."
       "Hard not too. I don't want you to die on my watch, Jungkook. I'm really scared for you." He pauses when the loud cry of a baby penetrates the silence. Giving me an apologetic look, he rushes to get the baby from the bedding in the corner of the room.
       I watch them enviously, though without malice. I'm jealous it could be so easy. I'm constantly suffering and terrified this day will be my last. Every breath is painful and I can no longer leave the bed. Yoongi has to carry me to the bathroom for give me sponge baths from the bed. I can't eat without becoming violently ill. I haven't been able to fully consume food in far too long I'm afraid I'll starve before the...the younglings arrive. It's frightening.
        Jin moves back to sit beside me while feeding his lovely baby. I wish it could be me. No, I don't want my Captain but the ease of his mate's birth? Yes.
       How fare you today? I will not be returning until nightfall. Communicate if you are too unwell and need my presence sooner.
      I roll my eyes lazily at Yoongi's voice in my head.
      I would rather die here than beg for your return. Stay away. I use the last of my energy to reply snidely.   
       You are much too reckless. I will return quickly.
      "Everything ok? You zoned out for a minute." Jin stresses.
       I settle back into the pillows and force a smile. "I'm fine. Stop worrying about me and go take care of yourself and your baby. You've been neglecting Jimin for too long for me. He's pouting and moping around everywhere."
       He flushes. "Ugh, I know. I feel bad but I know he understands. You need me more—"
       I shake my head, cutting him off. "I'm fine, seriously. Get out of this room. I'll alert you if something goes wrong. You can't do anything for me right now anyway." Reminding him softly.
      Chewing his bottom lip, he finally nods and leaves me alone to my thoughts. I can't stop my gaze from continuously flickering towards the mirror. I want to smash it to pieces.    
       Gathering everything I have in me, I sit up and scoot my feet on the floor. Taking several deep breaths, I shakily get up and stumble towards the dresser, glaring at my own face in the mirrored reflection. I hate everything I see. I'm tired of suffering. Tired of being tired. I miss my old self.    
      I wonder if I would have been better off revealing myself as fertile back on my planet and dealing with the consequences there. Perhaps I would have fared much better. Perhaps I made the wrong choice in life to run and hide.
       I need to stop thinking of the past and the what ifs in life. All that is over and done. I can't change the past and unmeet Yoongi. I can't take away his claim and these things growing inside me. It is what it is now. A very apt human saying I've been pondering much lately. 
       Placing my hands on my huge stomach, I feel nauseous as it throbs and moves under my fingers. So many things in there...ready to burst out and consume me...or that's what my vast imagination keeps conjuring up. Ugh.
       I constantly consider taking my life. If Yoongi believes my changes of survival after birth is low then what's the point of all this? Why suffer only to have such a brutally cruel end after all?
        Somehow...something deep inside me refuses to do it, though. I can't make myself end it. Something keeps telling me to have faith and trust it all to work out.
      The chances are ever against me, however. I have to remember that.
      Besides, it won't be long now. Any day, any time. I can feel it. It's almost over. For better or worse.
      Waddling painfully to the bathroom, I relieve myself before sliding down into the bath and running the water. It's been too long since I've felt such luxury. I feel dirty and hate it. I need this. This peace.
      Groaning in stark relief as the bubbly water takes the weight of my body off me, I bask in the silence and peace. The lady freedom I'm allowing myself.
       Soon enough Yoongi will force me away from all these people I love and trust and who knows what will become of me. I don't want to go back to his terrifying planet. It's lonely and tough and cold. I have no one and no one wants me there. I don't want to be their forced queen. I don't want to always need Yoongi's protection from his own people...if you want to call them that. Snakes. A shudder runs through me at the memories.
       Yoongi's true form is the realest nightmare anyone could ever imagine in the flesh. A true monster to fear and tremble at.
       I wish he would have just killed me at the very beginning instead of being amused with me and keeping me. Wish he would have chosen someone else.
       It is what it is.   
       As that thought runs through my mind once again, the worst pain I could ever imagine engulfs me and I stifle a scream, slipping deep under the water and choking.
       All feeling leaves my body as my stomach throbs and pulses. It's time! I'm out of time! Will I meet death like this?!
        I scream under the bubbles as tears mix with the suds around me. My eyes sting and my body shudders as it begins to labor.
       Consciousness begins to leave me as well as any pain when I'm suddenly  jerked up out of the tub and thrown onto the floor. Yoongi towers over me with a cold calculated expression. Underneath it all, I can see the concern in his eyes, though. He was almost too late.  
       He kneels beside me. "Breathe!"
      As if willing it, my body starves for air and I gulp it in as much as I can, expanding my lungs painfully enough to burst.
       Yoongi curses as I state up at the ceiling, numb. I can sense all kinds of movements above and around me but my eyes solely focus on the bright lights above me.
       Please let me die...
       A strong hand grasps my own own, squeezing. Never! You will not die on me.
      Funny...I would have thought Yoongi would have preferred the former. Now he wants me to stay?
      I vaguely remember him mentioning we need to be on his planet for the births but it's far too late for that now...
      What does this mean? Will we all die here right now?
      It's all kind of sad somehow...but I still can't feel enough to care at this moment.
       It is what it is.