Betrayed

Characters in this chapter (we actually get a new one in this chapter)-
Queen Morticia- Vampire Queen
King Ariston- Werewolf King
King Thorne- Mermaid King

*Nymeria's P.O.V*

I made my way out of the castle, heading to the gardens. I planned on walking around the gardens to check on all the flowers that were growing. I stopped to check out the roses first, carefully picking one and putting it in my hair. I made sure to carefully pull the thorns off before I did so though, just to make sure I didn't accidentally poke myself in the head.

I sat down carefully at one of the flowerbeds, pulling out weeds from around the flowers. The flowers would need to be watered today as the soil was quite dry already. The last thing I wanted was for my flowers to die since I had worked hard to make the gardens look beautiful.

I was drawn out of my thoughts by a small whine. I looked around curiously, my eyes widening when a small, tan puppy ran over to me. I reached my hand out to touch the puppy, hesitating after a moment. I had always been told not to touch the stray dogs that wandered the grounds as they could have diseases.

"Sorry puppy, 'm not allowed to pet you," I whispered to the puppy as I brought my hand back to my side. The puppy whined as it approached me, making me sigh softly as I looked at it. I was torn on what to do and finally stood up. "You're gonna get me in trouble," I huffed as I moved away.

I continued to wander the gardens, trying to ignore the puppy that followed me. It was a cute puppy but I wasn't allowed to pet it which was upsetting. I wished it would stop following me around as it was frustrating me to look at it and know that I would never be able to pet it.

"Go 'way," I whispered to the puppy as I moved away from it, dusting my hands off on my dress. I made my way back to the castle. I glanced back and realized that the puppy was still following me. I walked quicker, lifting my dress up so that I didn't trip on it.

I opened the castle doors, carefully slipping inside. I walked down the hallway, glancing back to see if the puppy had made it inside. I sighed in relief until I looked directly down. The puppy was following me and I huffed as I finally bent down and picked it up.

"Fine, you're my friend now," I said as I made my way down the hallway. I turned the corner, surprised to see King Thorne standing in the hallway talking to Queen Morticia and King Ariston. Queen Morticia glanced up and smiled softly when she saw me.

"Hello darling," she said as I skipped over to her.

"Look, is puppy," I said as I showed her the puppy. King Ariston took a deep breath and looked at the puppy.

"Give it to me," he instructed softly but with a stern tone. I handed the puppy to him and he immediately sat it down. "Transform back Variel," he stated. I watched with confusion until the sound of cracking bones were in the air. The puppy transformed into a beautiful woman who smiled.

"So this is where you all disappeared to, how curious," the woman said as she glanced over at me. I shrank back, hiding behind King Thorne slightly. He allowed me to do so while studying the woman who was standing there.

"Nymeria meet Queen Variel, a shapeshifter. Variel meet Princess Nymeria," King Thorne said. I averted my gaze from the woman with a small pout.

"You're not a puppy," I whispered with a huff.

"No little one, I am not," Queen Variel said with a small smile. I whined softly as I pressed my head against King Thorne's shoulder.

"I wanted a puppy, you're mean," I muttered as Queen Morticia moved over to me. She pulled me close, letting me press my face against her chest. The place I hid my face just so happened to be between her breasts.

"It's okay little princess," Queen Morticia said as she played with the end of my braid.

"It's not okay Momma, I wanted a puppy," I whined as I lifted my head up slightly to look her in the eyes. She hummed softly as she gently ran her thumb against my cheek. I whined softly as I huffed with a small pout.

"I'm better than a puppy," Queen Variel stated as I glanced at her.

"No you're not, you're a mean lady," I said as I glared at her.

"You've already made her dislike you, I don't imagine she'll want you to be an aunt to her," King Ariston said as he ran a hand through his hair. "Have fun telling your wives that they may have just lost the chance to babysit a little one because of you," he stated. Queen Variel's eyes widened as she stepped back.

"No, don't say that," Queen Variel said as she stepped towards me. I shrank back into Queen Morticia as the woman clasped her hands in front of her pleadingly. "Please forgive me, I never meant to upset you little one. I only wanted to find out where these old people were hiding," she pleaded.

"You betrayed me, you were a puppy of lies," I whispered as I glared at her.

"Yes but I can get you an actual puppy. I'll even get you two if you promise to forgive me," Queen Variel said as she gave me a pleading look. "I need you to forgive me, my wives will kill me if they never get to meet the newest little one that these ones are taking care of," she said as she gestured to the Kings and Queens around me.

"I don't trust you and your puppy's, I want ice cream instead," I said as I leaned into Queen Morticia.

"Fine, I can get you ice cream. As much as you want," Queen Variel said. I narrowed my eyes before nodding my head in agreement.

"I'll still meet your wives but not forgiving you," I said, making her sigh in relief. My attention was drawn away from her when King Ariston chuckled.

"Why don't you go clean up little one? Your hands are covered in dirt and lunch is coming up soon," he suggested. I smiled softly and nodded my head, skipping down the hallway.