Chapter Twelve

Me, Nya, Garmadon, and Lloyd were on a roof.

"He knows we're coming, but we can't just hide here and do nothing," Lloyd said.

"We have to wait until nightfall," Nya said. "There's too many."

"I could just make them fucking fall in love with me!" I said.

"What?!" Nya asked.

"Remember the fight against Chamille? Clouse probably spelled their outfits so that your power doesn't work on them," Garmadon reminded me.

"Every minute we're out here Chen grows more powerful and-" Lloyd was interrupted by his father.

"Son . . ." He set a hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "Chen grows strong by taking from others, but real power does the opposite. It empowers those around you, like the way you empowered me. We will get you to Chen, and we'll destroy his staff."

"Wait!" Nya said. "Can we backtrack to when y/n said that she'll make them fall in love with her?"

"That's her power," Lloyd said.

"So she spelled you, and that's why you're in love with her?" Nya asked.

I put a hand on my chest and pretended to be offended.

"Quite the opposite actually," Garmadon said.

Lloyd smiled at Nya. "I'm the only one unaffected by her power, an that's why we fell in love."

Nya furrowed her eyebrows as I said, "We're soulmates."

Garmadon explained everything and Nya nodded. "Alright, I think I understand. What a complicated power."

I shrugged. "You get used to it."

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

It was night. Garmadon was going over the plan with me, Nya, and Lloyd.

"Remember, destroy the staff and everyone's power returns," Garmadon said. "You came here to make your team whole . . . finish the job."

Nya shot a zipline at the roof of the building. We all got on and started zipping to the roof. Nya, Lloyd, Garmadon, and I knocked out guards left and right. We opened a window and crawled in. I almost fell, but Lloyd grabbed my waist. He stared into my eyes. I stared back. If we hadn't had both our masks on, we would've kissed.

"Romeo and Juliet, hurry up, would you?" Garmadon asked quietly.

Lloyd let go of my waist and we continued down the hall. Lloyd was leading, and he accidentally touched a tripwire. The lights turned on and guards came out of an elevator.

We managed to get some of them but, "There's too many of them!" Lloyd yelled.

"I'll handle them, you three, find Chen!" Nya ordered.

Me, Garmadon, and Lloyd ran down the hall and I could hear Nya fighting, but I didn't turn back.

Clouse ran into our path. "Look out!" Garmadon warned.

Clouse tried to shoot us, but we avoided it.

"Go Lloyd. Go y/n," Garmadon commanded. "Leave Clouse to me."

"Good luck," Lloyd said.

Clouse rolled his eyes. "Your father doesn't believe in luck."

"I know," Lloyd smirked. Even through his mask I could tell. "I wasn't talking to him."

Lloyd grabbed my hand and we sprinted away. We ran so fast, we didn't notice the trapdoor in the ground. We both fell into it.

Lloyd groaned in pain as we hit the hard ground. "Chen and his trapdoors."