𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢

"Oh you are such a good baby! Yes you are!"

You tickled the little baby's cheek. She giggled delightfully and joyfully. Her shining ebony colored hues sparkles in the candlelight around the house. Little Nakuru was an absolute bundle of joy. All children were, they can be off at times but overall they are such beautiful and innocent little things that make the world a better place.

A small knock came at the door. You were sitting on the floor and cradling the babe when you noticed the father poke his head out.

"How's Nakuru doing?" He asked.

"She's doing well! She's so sweet and adorable! You are blessed to have a child such as her." You smiled. The man grinned widely back at you and came to sit directly across from you. Your kimono skirt sprawled out on the floor. He sat down and looked at his small child.

"We really are." He stated. Although, when you looked upon his features from rocking the baby slightly in your arms, you noticed how he looked down at the floor. Avoiding any kind of eye contact whatsoever.

"Did— Did I say something?" You asked.

"Oh no! Not at all, child. It's just— I'm just very happy we have a child. We were fortunate enough to have one. Especially with how my wife is."

"Oh?"

He adjusted himself before going on again, "My wife, Hanoka Sana, she wasn't always the healthiest person alive. She had a horrible disease that had messed up her reproductive system. The only doctor we could see said that if she could have a baby, she'd be dead in an instant."

Oh...

"That— that's horrible." You said looking down slightly. You turned your gaze over for a moment to the baby in your arms. Nakuru stared back at you. Just stared. Nothing but a small bit of silence for those few short moments. As if time had paused on you and the baby.

"Even though my wife knew the risks, she had always dreamed of having a child of her own. So, we... tried." He cleared his throat a bit at the awkwardness of the sentence. You just blinked. "And fortunately enough, we found out she was indeed in the bearing of our current child. And when the time came, she pulled through. She had lived. It was a miracle."

"That is truly amazing." You said astounded. The mother had been through so much. Yet she kept hope and wanted to peruse what she wanted. Even if she knew if she couldn't survive. She kept on going. That something a lot of people don't really think about. When you are told you can't do something because of a disability you have, doesn't mean you can try hard to get what you want in life. To achieve your dreams and what you want in life. After all, life is too short to just let your dreams fly by.

"I know I shouldn't be telling you this but I mean, you will be staying here and raising the child. So why not." The man stated. "My name is Sudo Sana by the way."