extra-2 » rings and peonies

THREE YEARS LATER

THREE YEARS LATER.

[MATURE CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE SKIP IF UNCOMFORTABLE.]

Namjoon looked over at his sleeping fiancee and smiled. Man, how could he be so lucky? After five years of dating, he had finally asked Yuna, much to everyone's anticipation, to be his forever and always. He recalled the things that had happened during the past week:

The proposal planning was chaotic, to say the least. He had been planning for weeks to make this work smoothly. They had travelled to the Maldives for a vacation with their friends at Namjoon's parents' holiday home during the summer of that year.

"Organizing fairy" Yuna was given the job to make an itinerary because if made by Arin, everyone would end up shopping their life out; if, by Yoongi, everyone would just sleep; if Jungkook and Ara, they'd end up dragging the others across the city just to try a new restaurant or find a good arcade; and if by Namjoon, well, it would be a boring trip, with only botanical gardens and museums. And also, he wouldn't have time to plan other important stuff.

The day had come and they had flown to the beautiful beach house in the Maldives, right facing the sea. But Yuna was never resting. She was always worried about where to go, what to do, clothes and souvenirs and meals, and how many lists she had made in alphabetical order and geographical location. Destinations, shops, public restrooms; she had them all noted down.

Once while talking to a friend, Namjoon had claimed that he related most to Chandler from Friends, his favourite show. His friend had agreed. Out of all the people in the sitcom, Namjoon was the closest to Chandler. And by the looks of it, Namjoon sure had found his over-the-top planner Monica.

"Babe," he called her after what it felt unbearable for him to see her folding a pile of clothes for about an hour, if not more, "Do that tomorrow. Come to sleep with me."

"No, Namjoon," Yuna whined, sorting the whites from the creams and the ivories, which all looked the same to him anyway, "Tomorrow I have other stuff. I haven't even decided what to wear tomorrow, and Ara has been asking my help to put together outfits for her and it's just going to be a mess! I should've started doing this a week ago!"

"Yuna," he walked over to her, and took the fabrics from her hands, tossing them on the couch with all the other clothes he didn't know their owner, "you need to sleep. We just landed, and I think you should rest."

"But-" she started protesting, and Namjoon suddenly lifted her and threw her on one of his shoulders, walking back towards their bed, "Namjoon!"

He quite literally flung her on the mattress, which bounced beneath her and made her smile that made him smile, saying, "You take unnecessary stress. I promise I'll help you tomorrow with whatever you want. But now, spend some time with your lovely boyfriend."