dela dixon.

Being part of the most important family in the wizarding world is not always easy.
My parents, my brother and I are known for being the most powerful wizards of these times. And people are not wrong.

We are.

My name is Dela Dixon. I'm almost 17 years old and I used to lived in a city on the south of the UK.

We are moving this summer because of my mom's job, which also makes me change schools. I'm transferring to Hogwarts, the school my parents and my brother went to.

My best friend, Draco Malfoy, also goes to that school, but he only has bad things to say about Hogwarts. He said that now with Dumbeldore as the head master the school is full of mudbloods, so it has lost all it's credibility.

Our families have raised us to hate mudbloods, but for some reason I just don't. It's not like I love them either, I simply don't care about them, which makes it really easy to pretend that I despise them.

Malfoys and Dixons have been friends for over centuries, but I have overheard some conversations and I don't even think my parents like draco's parents. At this point I think is more a reputation thing, but I would never question them.

I don't dare to.

________

The morning of August 17 I woke up earlier than usual. I was meeting with Draco to find supplies that we needed for the school year.

I got ready and I traveled with the floo powder to the Diagon Alley.

Once I got there, I quickly went to Flourish and Bolts, where my best friend was waiting for me.

It didn't take me too long to spot Draco in the back of the store. His platinum hair and black suit stood out in the crow.
"Draco" I said smiling and running to hug him.

He hugged me back, and I felt happy for the first time since the summer started. He was my best friend. He always have been. And I know he can be an asshole most of the time, but he was the only friend I ever had.

"Excited to go back to school?" I teased him. I knew how much he hated Hogwarts.
"Don't remind me I have to go back. I think I'd pitch myself of the astronomy tower if I had to continue for another two years" He said with a face of disgust.

We spent the whole day shopping, going from one store to another. Seeing every kind of exotic animals, the new broomstick everyone was talking about, and little kids getting their wand for the first time.

I have grown up surrounded by magic, but this world never failed to make me happy.

We had everything we needed, but we decided to make an extra stop because we started to get hungry. I chose to go to honeydukes and even though Draco complained at first, he knew that it was my favourite place in the world.

My gransparents (they were my favourite people in the world) used to take me and my brother there every Saturday. It was our little secret because our parents didn't allowed us to eat anything sweet.

We entered to honeydukes and I couldn't hide my excitement. The smell of sugar and chocolate filled my lungs, and for a moment I felt like a little girl again.

I started to look around looking for my favourite candy (exploding Bon Bons) when I heard Draco's voice.
"Well, well. Look who's here. "Are you shopping for your dinner tonight?" he said looking at his bag of candies "bit grand for you, isn't it Weasle-Bee? Are you sure you can pay for this?"

I looked over to find him with a ginger guy. He was tall, and had a lot of freckles in his face, that in that moment was as red as his hair.
"Shut up your mouth, Malfoy" he said almost whispering
"Not very friendly" Draco laughed "I think is time I show you how to treat your superiors"

Of course he had to do something. I thought.

"Are you done now? Or do you wanna keep making a scene?" I said going by them and I grabbing him by the arm taking him out of the store.
"Why would you do that? That family is a disgrace. We always make fun of people like that."
"Because I just wanted to eat, you freak, I didn't want you to make a show. Besides, we should be leaving now, it's getting late."
"Whatever" he said rolling his eyes at me.

We were used to have these kind of fights, so it wasn't really a big deal. Both of us had really strong personalities, and I wasn't embarrassed to call him out of what he was doing was too much (it usually was)

After some more talking and a goodbye hug i went back home. I looked trough my new books and I could only think about one thing:

Maybe I was a little bit excited to go to Hogwarts.