Chapter Seven

Alessandro POV

I looked to my side and saw Paige sleeping there, her blonde hair sprawled all over the pillow as she slept.

I brushed some of the hair out of her face and watched as her chest rose and sank slowly.

I peeled the covers off my lower half and got out of bed, heading to my bathroom.

I took a shower and took my time, getting out to shave my beard properly as well as to brush my teeth.

Just as I finished brushing my teeth, a knock came on the door, and I opened the door to see Paige standing there in a t-shirt of mine.

She came into the bathroom and kissed my shoulder as she rubbed m back and down my arms.

"Where are you going today baby?" She asked, her voice going higher to suggest I should spend the day with her.

"I've got some work to do today, but maybe we can meet for dinner?" I suggested.

I looked up in the mirror and watched as her eyes lit up in happiness and she smiled.

"I'd love that."

"Okay, I need to go get ready; do you need me to drop you off anywhere?" I asked, as I walked into my room again, picking out something for me to wear.

"No, I can make my way home from here." She replied, and I whispered thanks to no one in particular.

Buttoning my shirt up, I let Paige know that I would be downstairs if she needed me.

Jogging downstairs, I put in my cufflinks and my confusion grew as I heard multiple voices in the kitchen, one of which I didn't recognise.

"Again, signore, I'm deeply sorry for the disruption and my disrespectful behaviour when I left the table at dinner yesterday. I would also like to formally apologise to Salvatore too." I heard them say.

Wait, what?

I opened the door to the kitchen to see my mother and father there speaking to none other than Chiara Martinez. As soon as I entered, she acknowledged my presence immediately and greeted me politely with a small smile.

"I was just dropping this off for your mother, a small gift from me and this, for you signore. I hope you like them. She said to them.

I looked at what she had handed to my mother and noticed it was a flower bouquet.

"It's an apology bouquet. I had some of the finest florists construct it for you and I hope you like it. Fortunately, their care is easy as they are only to be fed once a week with this." Chiara explained. She had given the flower food liquid to my mother and watched as my mother beamed with satisfaction.

For my father, she had gifted one of the finest French Bordeaux, a Château du Ragon.

My father was a fan for international wines, as well as his own wine which came from his family, who used it as a front for the criminal activity they engaged in.

He took the gift and generously praised Chiara for her polite manners.

I noticed her eyes flick towards me, well something behind me, and I turned to see Paige there.

"Hey, amore come. Do you want some coffee?" I asked her, taking her hand as I led her into the kitchen.

"No thanks, Sandro. I'm okay." She smiled. "I don't believe we've met; I'm Paige, Alessandro's girlfriend." she said, sticking her hand out so Chiara could shake it.

"Ciao, it's nice to meet you." Chiara replied, her fake smile not faltering once.

"Chiara, can I speak with you outside for a moment?" I asked her, but the look I gave her told her she had no choice.