Chapter 1

Her Pov

My name is Penelope Davis.

Closing the last file on my desk I get up to go to my aunts cabin. It's 11:30 pm and we both are finishing the tax analysis for our client. I am visiting my father this weekend and staying there till the next weekend. My aunt wanted me to complete this before I leave. I have been living with her for almost 4-5 years now. She owns a condo and I rent a room there.

The relationship with her is like a sister- sister bond with enough fights and TLC to last a lifetime. She is a dynamic woman with a boss lady attitude. I have learned so much from her. I do miss my mother but having my aunt around 24/7 has definitely soften the blow of  my mother not being around.

We ride back to the condo in silence. Both utterly exhausted from the late nighter we pulled. We have been at the office the entire week from 8:30 in the morning till whatever time we could handle.

In the coming days my brother will become the alpha of my father's pack.
My father is officially stepping down from the role at the ceremony. I am visiting them after almost 6 months.  I visited them last during Christmas of last year.

Closing the door to my room behind me I remove the God awful high heels which I am now used to wearing 5 days a week. I change into my pyjamas and do the night routine in a hurry.

The warmth of my room reaching my heart making it easy for me to fall asleep.

I don't visit my father and my brother that often, only on holidays and important occasions. That place is a constant reminder of what I have lost. I left my father's pack after that incident.

I wake up in an auto gear, my body doing things I do every morning.
I get dressed in a light blue jeans and a black tank top with a matching jacket. My hair loose and wet from the shower I just took. I quickly grab an apple and a cold coffee from my aunts kitchen and head out.

I hold my duffel bag in my left hand and my car keys in the right. I reach the basement parking in less than a second and go to my car.
I bought her a few years ago with practically 60% of my savings.
I adore her and prefer to keep her in the garage and drive with my aunt in her car.

The drive is peaceful as I make my towards the boundary of my state. There are very few cars at this time of the hour near a city border.
The cold coffee is keeping the slumber at bay. I listen to songs and my favorite podcast on the way home, to my birthplace, to my pack.

I still address my pack as my home. It will forever be a home, eventhough I currently live in a city. Wolves don't usually stay in a city. The pack life is ours and the long tradition for it, like a birthmark for us. Very fewer wolves venture out of the packs for business or merriment.

Well I was always an exception or a tangent from any norm their is. 4 years away from the love of a pack has done me bad. The heart is aching, the lone wolf is craving company.

Sometimes the thing I am suffering from maybe unique, the gravity unknown to others, the emotions palpable and the nature so severe. It is okay to not have someone to relate to your issues and problems. I give this peptalk to me and my wolf.

Sometimes the niche one creates is a safe space, a home away from hell or heaven. That not necessarily is negative and that he/she is running away or tucking away their problems from people's hindsight. The notion behind is one's mental satisfaction and peace which is the utmost need in any age.

I am excited to meet my people and let my wolf roam free in the forest. She is practically dancing to get out and run in her majestic fur. I have packed a few gifts for my father and brother as well as for my childhood friends. I have a good feeling about this trip, this might do me good and give me the strength to stay away from them.

750+words.

Love,
A