Chapter 40 - pet peeves and emotions

Hafeez

Tips from an experienced husband season 1, episode 1; if you ever want to win an argument against your darling wife, just wait till she's getting her makeup done.

Trust me, It is second to impossible to win an argument against Aya, that woman's brain works on override and she's always a step ahead, be it with words or actions, but that day,  when we were arguing about me littering the entire house with my clothes, she just said 'okay' and brushed me off. That topic usually ended with me being forced to apologize and even pick the stuff up, but for once, I won, or she let me win, all because of make up.

She did let out a short maniacal laugh afterwards though, which clearly meant that the psycho part of her brain had been unlocked and ready to be put to use, and I knew she would definitely give me a taste of my own medicine whenever she gets the chance, but I wasn't phased as much because I knew her weakness; I'll just use kiss to finish her.

"We're running late ma'am," I said as I checked the custom made studded eleganté crystals wristwatch I designed for myself with the hopes of not going over the time I had in mind.

"I know bae, I'm sorry, We'll be done soon I promise" she replied and flashed me a small smile "You heard him Tenny, please try to speed the process up" she told the makeup artist, who very good at what she was doing.

We were actually running very late, but I didn't care as much, in fact, I wouldn't bother if I were to just stay there and keep watching that scene; Aya sitting like the queen she is on the makeup chair in her favorite pink Versace bathrobe with her legs crossed and hair tied up into a messy bun as the artist applied all sorts of things on her face. I don't really like the idea of her getting makeup done because I love when her face is in its natural form, but that tennycoco of a girl was good, she kept it very simple and made sure not to completely cover her natural features.

It was the day of the official release of Eleganté's new collection and Aya's unveiling as the brand ambassador by the way, hence the dressing up and concern about going over the designated time. I'm not gonna lie, I was actually very excited, not because I knew I would make a hell lot of money that day, but because I realized that starting from that moment, I would get to work alongside my gorgeous wife, the person I always want to be around.

The release of that collection also came in hand with expanding the brand, that is, opening more stores and branches in 5 more countries, specifically France, Spain, America, Germany and Dubai, so it would require traveling to all those countries to give the brand an even bigger push. It didn't use to excite me though because before the idea of signing her came to my head, I thought I had to go with just Sadiq, which would mean that I wouldn't get to see her and feel her presence for a while, I literally started missing her before we even finished making the pieces, but after she signs that contract, she'd be right by my side every step of the way. It'll be like our vacation diaries all over again, but even better. I'd get to work with her, get help when I need it from her, and get annoyed by her, all at once.

"....and done" the makeup artist announced after one last spray of yet another makeup product I had no idea existed, and once again, I was swept right off my feet.

I know I should have been used to her face by then since I saw it every single day, but nobody really understands me when I say that she gets prettier by the second, Yes it sounds impossible, but I know what my eyes see, and I'm very sure that if anyone were to move in with us for just a few days, they'd see exactly what I'm talking about too.