Chapter Sixteen

"At least you're a master, at getting caught."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

❆ ❆ ❆

"Oh Ani, I haven't seen you for months!" Oriel said running up to Anakin, wrapping her arms around him. Oriel giggled a little as she felt him shivering.

"How are you not cold?" Anakin asked rubbing his hand up and down his arm to create some warmth.

"I lived here for seven years, not to mention I come here at least once a year." Oriel said and she looked down to where a small torgruta girl walked up beside Anakin.

"Are you snips?" Oriel asked the girl who groaned in response while Anakin laughed. "What's so funny?" Oriel asked confused.

"My name isn't snips, that's just some stupid nickname my Master gave me. I'm padawan Ahsoka, Anakin is my Master." This news surprised Oriel. Not about the girls name but that Anakin already had a padawan.

"You have a padawan? That was . . . quick." Oriel was a little bit disheartened how it took her five years to get her own padawan but Anakin only two months.

"Yes, and she's quite a special one." Anakin smiled proudly while patting his padawan's shoulder. Ahsoka had her arms crossed tightly around her body while her teeth chattered.

"You should change Ahsoka, I would hate for you to get hypothermia." Oriel told her, worried for the young child's health. After all, Ahsoka only wore a cropped top and some white leggings underneath her skirt.

"Oh no need. We won't be staying long." Ankin told Oriel who totally forgot that Anakin was only there as reinforcements.

"Right." Oriel answered. "How did you get here so fast anyways?" She asked, curious how an entire republic cruiser made its way to the outer rim so fast.

"Well we were already in hyperspace when we got the distress signal and we were only about forty clicks out. Although it wouldn't matter how big the detour was, I will always make time to save a friend." Anakin answered.

"Best we get going then, after all we still have our assignment to complete." He decided and Oriel was sad that he was leaving so soon, but with the ongoing war, that's how things were those days.

"Goodbye then Ani, and it's a pleasure to meet you padawan Ahsoka." Oriel bowed to the two.

"May the force be with you Master Dune." Ahsoka bowed back. "I hope we meet again some time." Then, the two turned and Oriel watched as they boarded their Jedi Starfighters and zoomed out of the hanger, into the snowy landscapes.

"What was that all about?" Boba asked walking to Oriel's side. "Just an old friend. Now lets see how we can be of assistance." Oriel took Boba's hand and led him through the Republic base that was built into one of the snowy mountains. It was well hidden.

Oriel started loading supplies out of the cargo ships that had transported the supplies from Admerial Hilton's cruiser as that ship was too big to land. Boba left after about ten minutes as he got too cold and went to find a change of clothes, but for Oriel, the tingly feeling of the coldness creating goosebumps on her skin was nice. Comforting.

"Take these up to the control room." A clone told Oriel, handing her a heavy crate full of electric boosters and new screens and other stuff like that. "Sure." Oriel answered and started her journey through the small tunnels carved into the icy rock.

Oriel let the force guide her there as she had no idea where she was going and she ended up at a door that needed a code to open. Oriel didn't know the code but she felt presences of others inside so she decided to just knock.