Chapter Seventeen

"If there's one thing I learned from you, Master, it's that following direct orders isn't always the best way to solve a problem."
- Ahsoka Tano

❆ ❆ ❆

An hour later, they jumped out of hyperspace and they were greeted with devastation. Nothing but scraps of war was left floating around in outer space.

"What happened here?" Boba asked, equally as horrified as Oriel.

"I don't know. And I have funny feeling that Master Plo-Koon isn't as alive as Anakin says he is." Oriel admitted sadly.

Her coms fuzzed the sound of someone latching onto their frequency and Anakin's voice rang through her ear.

"Nice of you to join us." He stated sarcastically. "I told you I'd be at least an hour. You should be happy I came at all." Oriel said back to him.

"We all know the real reason you came though." Boba said and Oriel could basically see the smirk on that boys face.

"Boba." Oriel said in a warning tone. "What? It's true!" He exclaimed in defence.

"Boba!" She said more loudly and this time he shut his mouth. "Are you two done?" Anakin asked and Oriel could see his ship come into her view.

"I think what my Master was trying to say was thankyou for coming on such short notice." Ahsoka chimed in, Oriel already knew that she was going to like this girl.

"Well tell your very kind Master that I said thankyou." Oriel told Ahsoka with a smiling voice. "Okay, very funny you two. Now just get your scanners up and look for any life forms." Anakin instructed.

After about ten minutes of looking through the waste, Oriel was already giving up hope. From what Anakin had told her, the separatists have been very tidy, making sure to leave no witnesses.

"Don't think like that. They're alive. I know it." Anakin told Oriel even though she hadn't said anything.

"How did you? Actually, don't tell me, I don't wanna know." Oriel said, boosting her scanner range.

"The scanners are practically useless." Ahsoka said disappointingly. "Got anything on the emergency channel R2?" She asked Anakin's little droid who beeped in response.

A few seconds later Oriel heard R2-D2 beep in the background with urgency.

"Incoming transmission Master. I think someone noticed we're gone." Ahsoka informed worriedly.

"Anakin, where are you?" Obi-Wan's unimpressed but unsurprised voice rang through the background of Anakin's coms.

Oriel smiled widely to herself, at the sound of his voice and thinking that she would finally get to see Obi-Wan again

"Oh hello Master." Anakin said trying to sound surprised. "We made a quick stop in the Abregado system." He said acting as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

"A rescue mission I suppose. You had other orders." Oriel stayed silent, enjoying the sound of Obi-Wan's voice that she hadn't heard in forever.

That was until she heard kissing noises coming through her ear. "Boba!" She exclaimed and all she got was giggles in response.

"What was that?" Obi-Wan asked, hearing Oriel's faint voice come from Anakin's coms.

"Ummmm. You might not wish you'd asked that." Anakin said scratching his neck. "Anakin." Obi-Wan said in his warning tone.

"Alright, alright. We thought we could use some assistance and Oriel was the only Jedi who I knew wasn't busy –" Oriel cut him off. "Oi you snitch!" She exclaimed, now not only was Anakin and Ahsoka going to be in deep trouble, but Oriel and Boba too.