Chapter 66: Modern Day Life Lesson Forty Nine

A/N: Hey heey heeeeeeeeey!!! I'm back for more updates!!! We're getting closer and closer to the climax!!!! How many chapters do you think will be in this update??XDD Here starts the major update!!! Please enjoy!!!!!

8:00 a.m. in the morning. Pedestrians on the streets were hurrying to work, shop owners were busy preparing the opening of their stores, and the students at Subaru and the girls' school, mostly tenth and eleventh graders, were getting tensed up as the start of the final exams approached. The bell chimed, and the test takers all felt their five senses sharpening as the exams papers were being passed down from the front row.

Emilia and Rem were taking a few deep breaths to focus, looking at their pencils with a serious look on their faces. Ram, not far away from the two, appeared confident as if she had the control over the whole world in her palm, and Beatrice, sitting by the window, was looking indifferent to the exam papers being lied down on her desk and staring out the window, probably thinking about Puck and Subaru. "Hai, mina-san, you may begin the exam. Good luck." Matsushita sensei said, and flipping the pages around, the students of 10-G started writing.

A few floors above them were Subaru and his three friends. Hinata, Aki, and Haruka were huddled together over Hinata's desk, discussing something, while Subaru sat in his chair with a pen held between his nose and upper lip and his hands behind his head, staring out the window like Beatrice. "A bit more than a month, is it..." He muttered, not noticing his thoughts slipping through his lips. "What's that, Subaru?" Hinata asked, looking over his shoulder at him while Aki and Haruka looked up from the piles of paper on Hinata's desk.

"Hm?" Hinata's voice brought Subaru back to reality, and realizing what he had muttered out loud, he waved his hands, trying to cover up his mistake. "N-No it's nothing, I'm just wondering how the girls are doing in. They'll be having their exam by now." He said hastily, and Hinata smirked. "What's the point wondering about that? They'll be taking the first four places as usual, won't they?" Hinata said, chuckling. "Yeah I know that, I'm just getting sentimental thinking today will be their last day taking exams in our school." Subaru answered, getting up and walking to the three.

"You get sentimental over the weirdest things, dude." Aki said as Subaru sat down beside him. "Hehe, don't underestimate the range of things that I can get sentimental over." Subaru said, snickering. "Quit that stupid blabbering of yours Natsuki, get over here and have a look at our plans." Haruka scolded, rolling her eyes at him and pushing the papers at him. "You're the ones who told me you didn't need me in your discussion in the first place! Why am I getting scolded now??" Subaru took the papers, rolling his eyes as well.

"What we said was we need you after Natsuno, Natsuki. You two can't be in the same discussion at the same time or we'll never get any progresses." Aki said, pushing more papers into his hands. "Ha ha. Alright let me see what you've got now. Where did Hinata come in?" Subaru asked as he started scanning the papers. Subaru and his fellow twelfth graders were in charge of planning the routes and activities to do on their own graduation trip. That was the case if only the twelfth graders were going on it.

However, with the tenth and eleventh graders coming along, the routine was changed. Originally, the twelfth graders were divided into groups of four. Now, an additional four lower graders were added to each group, and the twelfth graders then became responsible for taking the role of the tour guides on the school trip that would take place the day after tomorrow. The twelfth graders had the plans planned before the Student Association announced that the tenth and eleventh graders would be coming too, so most of them now were just modifying their plans to fit in the lower graders joining their groups.

The school would be spending four days and three nights in the tropical part of Japan, Okinawa. It was only mid March, but the weather in Okinawa would be warm enough for the students to enjoy the beach and on-water activities without trouble. Speaking of the beach, something worth mentioning happened.