Blood Money

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! Here is the next chapter for you! Hopefully you all are familiar with the characters enough to know when I'm using their nicknames and whatnot! As always, enjoy! -K 🖤]

[🌿This chapter contains swearing.🌿]
***
"Bring it in, sweetheart!" Fish was laughing wildly as he hurriedly pushed past Tom and Ben, running towards me with wide, open, and inviting arms. I mirrored his ecstatic smile and equally began to shuffle towards him with a rushed pace. 

With a somewhat harsh collision, Fish and I slammed into each other, and I rapidly wrapped my arms around his neck, relishing in the second form of non combat physical touch. He enveloped me tightly, tucking his face into my shoulder and spun us around, earning low chuckles from the guys. "Oh my God! How've you been? Five years already?" More strings of questions and phrases rattled from his mouth faster than I could answer him.

Hastily, he pressed a kiss against my temple and hugged me even tighter, which wasn't a surprise. Fish gave the absolute most-greatest, wonderful, and healing hugs, and even though I didn't prefer hugs in general, I would always make an exception for him. My feet were dangling a few inches from the ground as I quietly giggled in his embrace, my laughter dying out quickly.

I don't remember the last time that I laughed.

"I didn't get that kind of greeting. From (Y/N) or you, Fish." Ben muttered in offense, still holding the poorly made ice pack against his swollen face. "All she did was rock my shit." He chuckled and nodded in a proud expression. "I'd pay you to rock it again, that was amazing." He winked with his good eye.

Fish returned me to the floor and clapped Ben on the shoulder roughly. "Well, you aren't (Y/N), Ben. Get over it and get over here." With his arm still wrapped around my neck, he brought us both in for a soul-squeezing bear hug, not caring for our obviously out of breath pleads to be released from his iron clasp.

Ben's arm forced Fish away completely, delivering us from his grasp. "What the hell, Ben?" Fish complained, now being waved off by Ben who was smiling at me cheekily. He then hugged me gently, having to lower his head from his towering height to match mine.

"God, I missed you, (Y/N). My best friend was gone for five years..." He sighed, running his hands over my shoulder blades, causing me to shudder, not having anyone touch my back so gently for a long time. His eyes flickered behind me, catching sight of his brother and he released me with a glare.

"Ben, I'm really sorry." I began to apologize, walking to my backpack and removing the cash that had been delivered to me after being declared the Victoria out march.  I split the wad of cash into two separate piles, and stashed the other in my bag. I immediately returned to Ben and slapped the cash into his palm. "You didn't deserve that." I pulled his hand away from his face, cringing when I saw the bruise underneath. "I'm sorry." I inspected the area, and seeing that there was no blood or injury indicating that he'd need stitches or another dramatic remedy.

If anything, he'd have a nice, pounding headache in the morning. I knew that I couldn't ruin his face, which is why I chose my targets clearly and predetermined.

At least he was aware to never let his guard down again.

He chuckled and refused to take the money, pushing it back towards me. "I'm not taking that money. That's your winnings! You earned that blood money, sweetheart." He returned the ice pack to his face and smiled widely, not entertaining the idea of being in pain.

The way he effortlessly said blood money made my stomach drop.

"Yeah, but I don't want it. I'm giving it to you, Ben." I tried to counteract but he refused again, leaving his hand open before him and backing away. "Come on, 50/50, please!" I was honestly trying to make amends and money seemed to the answer for everyone's problems.