Ch 546: Up Late At Night

The sound of the plane landed at the airport echoed. In the airport's waiting room was a man with guards around him.

He had white hair and eyes that matched it. His hair was long, almost touching his back. It had a feathery texture. He was Liberi. He was wearing a smart-looking suit; a black blazer, tie and trousers with a white-collared shirt.

He was the crown prince of Higashi, Hayate Tengu.

When he saw a figure walking toward him, he stood up from his seat and smiled at the man.

He was the complete opposite of him.

Black hair and eyes. Hayate could see dragon-like horns on his head. He wore a comfortable brown coat over a simple white shirt and black pants.

This was the Second Prince of Yan, Ying Jie.

Hayate smiled at his familiar face, "Prince Ying Jie. Long time no see."

The surrounding guards saluted at him.

"Hayate." Ying Jie responded with a smile, "I didn't expect you to arrive before me. That every unbecoming of me as the host."

"Nonsense," The Higashi prince laughed, "I am just being impatient."

"If you say so," He smiled.

Then he felt someone tapping his shoulder. He looked beside him and saw it was Ying Li's personal butler.

"Your Royal Highness, the princess said that she is not feeling well and wants to rest for a few days." Ying Jie glanced at the man he said, "Prince Hayate has already arrived. Won't she be here to greet him?"

The old man lowered his head and say nothing to this.

The prince narrowed his eyes but quickly hid them.

"No matter, let's head back to the palace," Ying Jie waved his hand and said, "Prince Hayate, let's chat as we go to our ride. We have much to catch up with each other."

One of Ying Jie's personal assistants glanced at the guards. With that, they gave both princes space as they made their way to their ride.

Seeing this, Ying Jie said lightly to Hayate, "I am sorry about my little sister's behaviour. I have spoiled her since she was a child. She might keep her childish act until now."

"Of course." Hayate replied, "Although she's the princess of Yan, she's still a girl. I respect she wants to have her privacy."

"She still will be your wife, so she needed to show you respect," Ying Jie said, "I will have a word with her about this later."

Hayate hummed.

"Well..." Ying Jie looked at the prince, "How have you been, my friend?"

"Good enough," Hayate smiled, "I might have been more focused on my training. Using a bow was are always been a relaxing experience for me. Father was even worried I will become a bow maniac with how I am dedicating my time to the art. I assure him I will always pay attention to my country's needs to not make him worried. Maybe with me marrying, it will ease his heart."

"I am glad to hear that," Ying Jie chuckled in delight.

"I herald you are getting stronger now too," Hayate glanced at him, "You're on the way to mastering Lei Fa. Combined with your mastery of swordsmanship, you would quite an opponent to face in battle."

Ying Jie chuckled good-heartedly at this, "You are quite a flatterer."

"Well... Seeing that you'll be the new emperor, I need to," Hayate chuckled, "I need to be on your good side for my country."