CH. 6

Mahigit 30-minutes ding nagkausap sina Ms. Inday Sara and Dad, habang pumapasok-pasok din ako minsan sa kanilang conversation.

My father had to attend and treat another guest who had arrived just now and he had to leave Ms. Inday Sara for a while, unfortunately, he decided to leave her to me!

N-Not that I don't like it, duh. Choosy pa ba ako as a talker kung anak na ng presidente ang kakausapin mo?

But that's the problem.

I may stutter again and make fun of myself further.

Saan kase sina Vinny eh, mas talker naman yun sa aming tatlong magkakapatid.

"So Sandro," she started and I wasn't prepared for that.

"Yes, ma'am?"

See? There goes my sanity.

Natawa na naman si Ms. Inday.

"Hala! Anong ma'am ka dyan? Nagmumukha tuloy akong matanda nyan eh."

"No!" I quickly disputed which I don't even know why I did, basta ang alam ko, I need to argue for that.

"Ay, what?"

"You're not old yet, Ms. Inday. In fact, if you may have ask me, you look very young to be even considered single." as if I need to confirm what she said earlier, I opened the topic once again.

"Aww, thank you, Sandro. That's a nice compliment, never heard of one for a while now." she kind of look like dejected for a second before plastering her face again with a gummy smile.

"Pero... I thought you had a husband? You mentioned it earlier." I tilt my head to the side, a bit confused.

"I do, he's a great guy actually, too great na he's too indulge with his work right now and has no time for me anymore."

Oh.

Just like me... and Mich.

I looked around, trying to find a place na kung saan hindi masyadong ma-tao.

Luckily, I saw an empty table on the right end of the hall.

Ibinalik ko ang aking tingin kay Ms. Sara.

"Ms. Sara?"

"Hm, yes?"

"Medyo maingay dito eh, mind if I ask you to come with me?" wait, that sounds off ah.

"Oh, not at all! Sure! Saan?" she delightedly replied and I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction.

She looks like a kid who was offered with sweets.

Adorable.

"May nakita akong table there," I pointed towards the corner where I've seen it. "Shall we go?"

"Sure!"

__________________________

3RD PERSON'S POV.

Sandro leads Inday Sara to the empty table, not forgetting to act like a guard, guarding the Davao City Mayor against the crowd.

The short men could finally sigh as soon as they reach the end of the hall, sitting down next to Inday Sara.

"Sobrang dami ng guests tonight ah." Inday said, acknowledging the big crowd.

They don't have to shout to each other anymore to hear what they are saying dahil mahina na yung music sa kanilang inuupuan.

"Yes. My mommy Meldy loves going all out when it comes to parties."

"Amazed talaga ako kay Ma'am Imelda uy!" Inday exclaims, her bisaya accent showing off. "90 years old na pero strong pa din."

Sandro chuckles.

"And we are thankful to Papa Jesus for that. She is blessed despite the hate thrown on us."

There's a hint of upset and frustration on Sandro's voice which went unnoticed by Inday.

Sara held out her hand to pat the man's back.

"Don't worry, Sandro. I know that someday, in the right time, malilinis din ang inyong apelyido."

Sandro could only smile a bit.

"I hope so."

____________________

ps. Mga mamshh, fortunately, your unending support made me want to update everyday na 😭 mas ganado na akong mag-write uwu, keep it up ka-uniteam! ❤💚 - Chanmich23