18-Returned

I got out of the hospital the next day.

I couldn’t even describe how much I had waited for that moment. Firstly, it obviously meant that I was a little better, and it was giving me a little hope that maybe, maybe, I’ll survive. I also had missed home and being able to live, at least half, normal life.

Of course, I was gonna miss mine and Angel’s night talks in the corridor or our gossips in the café, and just us being like neighbors, in a hospital.

“Home sweet home.” Bryson opened the front door of the Miller household.

He had gotten out of the hospital too that day. He did have crutches because of his broken leg, but other than that he seemed just fine.

I was taking my shoes off in the hallway when I heard the familiar voice.
“Missed me?”

I snapped my head towards Anthony, who had a smirk on his face.

Without second hesitation, I lunged myself into my brother’s embrace, wrapping my arms around him tightly. He chuckled wrapping his own arms around me too. Taking his cap off his head, he placed it on my head.

It had been over a month since I had last seen him, and I had missed him so much.

I didn’t know that he was supposed to come home already. He had only said that there was a lot of things to be done in college, and he wasn’t ready to come home yet.

One reason why he anyways came home was probably the events earlier. Anthony was, how would I say, a little left out from everything, until Jordan remembered his existence.

Anthony kissed my forehead.
“I missed you so much shortie.”

“I missed you more.” I muttered into his embrace.

Anthony pulled away from the hug, turning his gaze towards Bryson, who was still standing behind me. They had an eye contact, as Anthony crossed his arms over his chest, before Bryson chuckled.

“Get in here idiot.” He opened his arms, making Anthony to give him the ‘bro hug’ kind of thing.

“You are an idiot, you know that?” Anthony asked, slapping the back of his head. “Okay bro like I do understand that you enjoy fucking your lovely girlfriend, or fiancé, but dude we here are your family.”

I cleared my throat, before whispering.
“You are a little late, Anthony.”

“Oh you shut it…” He gave me a look. “You kissed a fucking boy, who can have like, you know, aids.”

“I don’t think it works that way.” Jordan walked to the hallway, shaking his head. “Hello, brother.”

“Hello walrus.” Anthony responded.

“The fuck?”

Anthony shook his head.
“If you don’t know what a walrus is, brother, educate yourself because you are dumb.”

Jordan looked Anthony for a moment, before he chuckled, opening his arms.
“Get here you fucker.”

I feel like out of all of my brothers, Anthony had the best relationship with Jordan. Ever since they were little, they have been like, best friends, and they have done everything together. Jordan is probably the person, who has been talking to Anthony the most, while he has been in college.

“Anthony?” Our oldest brother questioned, walking through the door, holding a pile of papers.

He placed the papers on Bryson’s hands, and gave a little kiss on my forehead, before he walked to give a hug to Anthony.