Chapter 3 The Trial of Compassion

Not a soul expected to be sent flying by the floor they stood upon. The candidates soared high, gravity pulling them down to the Emerald Forest!

Ruby: This-is-CRAZY!

With the trees nearing, the Red Reaper spun herself, summoning a storm of petals! The mass of roses encompassed her as she bursted through the leaves, veering between branches and flying above the ground! The petals dissipated as she reached a clearing, Red drawing Crescent Rose as she dropped onto the grass.

Ruby: GottafindMoon!

Shotgun blasts echoed across the Emerald Forest, Yang Xiao-Long boosting herself through the air!

Yang: WOOHOOOO!

With each blast, she flew above the trees, wildly flipping through the air!

Yang: Alio-OOP!

Falling into the leaves, she quickly turned herself upright and kicked off a tree, bouncing off it and onto the next! Her hopping came to close, the Yellow Dragon rolling onto the ground and taking off into a sprint!

Yang: Nailed it!

The Invincible Spartan's shield, Akoúo̱, crashed through four trees, slowing her velocity just enough for her to safely catch herself and land on an extended branch! Pyrrha twirled Miló, the beautiful blade becoming a rifle in milliseconds!

Pyrrha: Clear. . . Wait.

A high pitched scream echoed across the Emerald Forest, the redhead spotting the Bright Knight flailing on his descent.

Pyrrha: *smirks*

She reached out, aiming with her thumb as Miló transformed into a spear. The blunt end held the gun attachment, firing as Pyrrha launched the weapon! Miló soared, arching into Jaune hood and pinning him into a distant tree, breaking his fall. . .

. . . . . Thank you!

Pyrrha: (Yells) Sorry!

Moon Lumos was unlike the other participants. As he descended, Crystal Shard bloomed, the amethyst gems taking the form of a platform! Violet twirled, landing upon it and riding it down towards the surface, a trail of crystals left in his stead!

The Swordsman sprung off his ride as he neared the ground, backflipping onto the grass whilst drawing Luna from her sheath. . .

Moon: Thirteen students. Six teams. Six relics. . .

The young man sighed before carefully inching further into the harlequin forest.

Moon: Good luck Ru. . . .

———————————————————————

Ruby

The Red Reaper sprinted through the forest at breakneck speed, leaving petals across the terrain as she frantically searched for her siblings!

Ruby: MoonorYangMoonorYangMoonorYang! MOON! YANG!

The wind blew against her face as fallen leaves were carried into the air by her speed.

Ruby: Oh! This a disaster! Oh geez, what if I can't find them?! What if someone else finds them?! I'll get expelled if I don't get a partner!

Ridding her mind of the possibility, the redhead began to scour her options.

Ruby: There's always Jaune! He's nice. . . Funny! But, I doubt he could hold his own in a fight.

Frowning, she went to the next option.