Chapter 4 The First Day

April 9th, xx16

The now official first years of Beacon Academy were assigned to their dormitories, one team sharing a bedroom, a kitchen, a lounge, and a bathroom. Fortunately for Moon Lumos, he had an entire form entirely to himself.

Unfortunately for Moon, he woke up at four in the morning.

Moon: . . . *sighs* It's like normal school again.

Yawning as he sat up, Violet looked around to the plain room around him, his loose-fitting black shirt slipped of his shoulder as his blanket fell into his lap.

Moon: . . . It feels kind of weird, not sharing a room with Ruby.

As he eyed the empty walls and basic decor, the young man began to see the vision of what HIS room could be. A small smile spread across his lips.

Moon: I have five hours until classes start. . . Might as well decorate.

Violet wasted no time emptying his suitcases onto his mattress, riddling it with a mountain of his belongings. In a matter of moments, all of his clothes were neatly placed in his wardrobe, armor pieces and included, halving the mountain he made.

Soon after, his shelves were filled with his book collection, but more so with his unholy amount of manga. Atop the shelf was a stack of videogames, along with some rather old game consoles. On either side of the shelf were posters, six in total and each representing a title in a certain game series. . .

On the desk, he set out his school supplies and notebooks, placing a few collectibles he'd taken with him along its sides. He also set up his laptop and other basic tech atop it. On the corner, he set down a framed picture of Ruby and Yang. . .

On the nightstand directly beside his now empty bed, was a simple lap and another picture frame. The moment captured was a smiling Summer Rose holding his infant self.

Moon: It's still missing something.

The Violet Swordsman gently lifted Luna and her sheath, placing a casing on the wall, and carefully mounting his weapon onto it.

Moon: As if I'd put you in a rusty locker. You deserve better. And now. . . My room is perfect.

Glancing to the clock, he realized he still had about two hours of free time. Stepping into the kitchen with an apron on, he began to gather his ingredients.

Moon: Breakfast time!

———————————————————————

RWBY

The ringing of a whistle awoke the girls of team RWBY, specifically the W-B-Y!

GOOD MORNING TEAM RWBY!

Their fearless leader was already in her Beacon Academy Uniform, a brown and gold blazer over a white button-up shirt coupled with a red plaid skirt. In her hands was a silver whistle, and on her face was a mischievous grin.

Weiss: What is wrong with you?!

Blake: *dying*

Yang: *sighs* What is it Ruby?

The Red Reaper readjusted her cloak and pointed to their suitcases.

Ruby: Now that everyone's awake, we need to unpack. . .

Weiss: Oh. . . Right.

Fortunately, the other two were much more enthusiastic.

Yang: Okay, if we're decorating, I'm all in!