175: Rewards

Chapter 175: Rewards

[Quest, "Dragon Hunt", has been completed.]

[Calculating rewards...!]

While the quest rewards were being calculated, Neji was getting the experience points for killing Hisashi, a Tier-8 being.

[You have received 35,000 exp!]

[You have levelled up!]

[You have levelled...!]

[You have...!]

[You...!]

[You have gained 10 levels!]

[You have reached level 189!]

Neji felt his muscles tightening, his bones getting stronger and his body's structure getting more refined. As it happened, another window popped up in front of him.

[Rewards have been calculated...!]

[You have finished the quest!]

[Objective 1 was met!]

[Bonus Objective 1 Wasn't met!]

[Bonus Objective 2 was me-!]

"Wait stop."

[...]

Seeing the fourth notification, Neji's expression went blank.

[Bonus Objective 1: Kill Hisashi Midoriya and steal his quirk.]

The bonus objective-1 said he had to not only kill Hisashi but also steal his quirk for it to be finished.

He hadn't stolen the quirk yet, but the quest was already "completed" he won't receive the rewards for it...

However, he had a plan for it from the moment he laid his eyes upon the quest.

"What type of retarded quest is this?" Neji said, intentionally speaking ill, as he watched the calculation stop.

[...Please elaborate.]

"Fine, since you're so cute I will elaborate nicely." Neji pointed his finger at the quest screen. "The objective-1 says 'Kill Hisashi and-' I repeat, '-AND steal his quirk.' Now, since I am Japanese and my English isn't that good-" his English was actually great, "I am not sure, but I think this suggests I can steal the quirk after killing, no? Then why are you not allowing me the chance to steal the quirk first? Why are you counting the quest as completed?"

It wasn't actually that reasonable of an argument.

But he had no choice but to be a dick to his system.

Because let's say he managed to somehow steal the quirk mid-battle, but then he won't be able to get the same level of exp from the kill since Hisashi won't be "Tier-8" anymore. He noticed what happened to Mirio's Tier when OFA was stolen, it dropped to Tier-2.

The system probably also knew that.

"I do think you should allow me to steal the quirk first and consider it complete later on. Since otherwise, this quest doesn't make sense."

[That...]

The voice couldn't say anything. It didn't have a counterargument, his shameless complaint was hard to dodge.

[...I deeply apologise, it's entirely the system's wording that's at fault here. But the quest reward calculation has already started... I can't stop-]