Chapter 17

Gulf wasn't simply pissed, he was seething. He felt his anger bubble up in his throat.

He ran and ran, his mind overrun with his thoughts.

How could Mew think like that?

How could he betray him in such a way? Did he think so low of him?

He didn't know where he was going until he glanced up and noticed his house.

And then everything changed.

Soon the anger subsided into pain. A deep piercing nauseating pain radiating from his very core.  Collapsing onto the floor of his room, gulf pressed his face into the crevice of his thighs and cried. Biting hard on his knuckles to keep the sounds from reaching anyone else.

Eventually, the tears soaked through his clothing leaving him cold and shivering.

Hours felt like minutes and only when exhaustion took over did gulf finally collapse sloppily into his bed feeling empty like never before.

He felt ripped open and exposed, felt the air pass through him like he was hollow. The sort of emptiness no one could fix.

The kind nobody could heal.

Gulf slept fitfully during the night. His body fighting the urge to run back to where it felt it belonged. But soon the urge passed and exhaustion claimed his body into deep slumber.

When he awoke the rays of sunshine, already deeply set into the middle of the sky, cut through the haze of his sub consciousness; and the gentle knocking on his door alerted him to his late rising.

The doorknob turned as his mother made her way to his bed.

Afraid she'd see his face, Gulf burrowed under the covers.

"Yes?" He replied his voice muffled by his duvet.

"Gulf darling its 12:30."

"I'll be up soon."

"Well you'd better hurry up. Mew is waiting for you downstairs."

Gulf could hear the giddiness in her tone as she said Mew's name. But he couldn't share her emotions. Not after what happened yesterday. All Gulf could feel was dread.

If there was one thing he didn't want to deal with right now it was Mew.

So he quickly changed into some comfortable clothing and carefully he snuck past the room Mew was in.

He immediately felt his skin prickle at the proximity of Mew's body. And a quick glance in Mew's direction confirmed Gulf's suspicion. He could tell why his mom sounded so excited as she woke him up.

Mew was surrounded by so many flower bouquets. Each color a sharp contrast to the other. Yet Mew stood out like a painting of the highest calibur.

Gulf couldn't care less how handsome Mew was.

He didn't care for the flowers. None of it mattered. Not even the slight desire that coarsed through his body at the sight of him.

All Gulf needed was a tub of icecream.....and that was the problem.

Mew didn't know him.

Not even when Gulf had tried to share parts of himself with Mew.

He had often shared his love of icecream with Mew and the fact that he was allergic to flowers.

But it didn't matter. It never did.

Mew would always see gulf the way he had painted him in his mind all those years back. It didn't matter what Gulf did or how he felt. Mew wouldn't care. Wouldn't see him for who he truly was.

And Gulf was finally done.

----

As days turned into weeks and Mew's visits and calls became more frequent.

Gulf had reached his limit. His bags were already packed.

He knew his parents would be worried but he couldn't stay.

Gulf didn't feel angry or resentful. He was simply...tired.

The aching in his neck intensified. The pain almost unbearable at times. It was getting harder and harder trying to keep the mark a secret from his parents as he got sicker by the day.

When his parents pronounced it was enough and they would be taking him to the doctor, Gulf knew it was finally time.

He knew it would be best for the both of them if they ended it all.

His bond drew him to Mew but from the very start it had been his fault. He forced Mew to have sex with him. Mew obviously didn't want a child, either.

No matter the uncertain future. Gulf was sure of one thing. He needed to leave, to start again somewhere else.

Mew wasn't a bad person. But gulf wasn't the right person for him.