Chapter 18

And with that resolution, Gulf left in the dead of the night with only the bare minimum, leaving behind only a letter to his parents.

---
Continuing your education when you're pregnant, alone, working long hours and with limited funds was extremely hard for gulf.

He'd kept in contact with his family. Sending messages back and forth. Mainly through his sister. Who he'd confided in and whom kept his whereabouts secret from Mew.

He'd often get the urge to ask about how Mew was doing, which brought on a mark scratching frenzy until blood poured from the open wound, but he never did ask anything beyond what his sister offered which was very minimal.

Days were tough but nights were even tougher.  Some days were better than others but by the third trimester it was hard to differentiate between the constant pain and exhaustion.

His thin figure has grown bony and tired. His eyes sunken.

In this time of need he had met mild. His co-worker and new best friend.

He helped him get through the days before giving birth and the weeks after. He helped him take care of the baby when it got too much.

After almost 2 years without Mew, Gulf had begun getting used to the constant but bearable ache of being so far away from his bonded pair. And when baby Kin was almost one year old, Mew had called Gulf using Grace's phone.

The phone call lasted only five seconds but the damage was done.

Mew has called out his name with so much need, longing and undeniable authority.

Gulf doubled over in pain knocking himself out as his head hit the floor.

It was only the next day that Mild had found him and taken him to the hospital. Delirious he had begged them to make it stop.

After a long four hour surgery, Gulf came out.

Unbonded.

He'd never enjoyed the pain of the bond. But now that they'd ripped it out of him. It felt like they ripped a part of him out. But somehow the feeling lingered like a lost limb.

He felt lost for the first month. Constantly touching his neck. Little Kin had felt it as well.

"Gulf you can't stay like this!" Reprimanded mild.

"I know, but......I.....I don't know how to fix myself anymore."

" He's dead Gulf. You can't continue living your life like that. You have baby Kin now."

Gulf turned and looked at his child. Baby Kin glanced over at Gulf. His eyes full of longing and sadness. But his smile never wavering.

Gulf rushed over and hugged baby Kin.

"Mama is sorry ,Kin. Will you forgive me?"

Kin's tiny fingers curled around Gulfs shirt and squeezed tight. "M-ma...Mama...." burst out Kin,tears flowing down his face. As Gulf buried baby Kin into his chest and felt his own tears spilling forth.

------3 years later---

"No. I'm not going." Said Gulf in finality.

" Come on, Gulf!"

" I dont need anyone Mild, I have Kin."

"Would you stop being so hard headed!" Said Mild smacking the back of Gulf's head.

"Hey!"

"What?"

" I'm still not going."

" For the love of God, Gulf. What if you break out into heat?"

"I'm taking my meds."

"How long do you think that'll last?"

"Long enough."

"You'll damage your health, Gulf." Said Mild his voice laced with concern.

"I'll be fine..." said Gulf before running towards the nursery to get little Kin.

---
Gulf waves at baby Kin who was playing with Kao, the nursery head teacher.

Kin rushes toward Gulf. Gulf catches Kin in his arms and lifts his up, planting kisses all over his cheeks while Kin wriggles around and giggles.

"Mommy stop...it tickles."

"But I really miss my little bear." Says Gulf with a theatrically sad face.

Kin shyly hides his face in the crook of Gulf's neck and hugs his neck. " I missed mama as well." Whispers Kin shyly.

Gulfs flashes a dazzling smile chuckling lightly and gently places a kiss on Kin's forehead.

Gulf turns to leave when a question stops him midway.

"Mr.Kanawut, may I have a bit of your time?" Says kao.

"I....."

Mild grabs Kin from Gulf's hands. "I'll take care of Kin" Mild reassures Gulf.

With a courteous smile at Kao, Gulf follows him inside.