Chapter 6 The Start of Friendships

April 17th, xx16

With the arrival of their second, first official, weekend in Beacon, a number of students were taking time to unwind after the exhausting first real week of schooling and the stressful One-on-One battles.

Though, the students were not the only ones relaxing. Within the teacher's lounge of the primary school building, a few key members of the staff had gathered. Professor Port was boasting about his second year students, his hair uncombed and coat undone. Professor Oobleck served the three teachers present, himself included, some much needed coffee, missing his tie and shirt untucked. Lastly, Professor Goodwitch sat on the couch, typing away at her computer with her hair undone and flowing to her mid-back.

Port: And I haven't even begun to address Team CFVY!

Oobleck: Yes, yes. Young Adel's team is quite impressive, almost as impressive the last three-hundred sixty-five times you went on tirades over them throughout their first year.

Port: Is it so wrong to be proud of promising future Huntsmen and Huntresses!

Oobleck: Pride is one thing, obsession is another, Peter.

Port: But you can't deny that they're the best students we've had in years!

Glynda: That is a title I'm not sure they'll keep.

The Huntsmen glanced towards the Headmistress, the blonde woman having been relatively silent until now. She paused her typing and for the first time since they'd arrived, looked them in the eyes. They were doubtful. . .

Glynda: Have either of you been keeping up with the One-on-One Combat Trials I had the first years participate in?

Port: Only the ones from Monday and Tuesday. Bartholomew?

Oobleck: Up to Wednesday.

Glynda: Then I suppose that explains why you both seemed apprehensive. As much as I hate to say it. . . a vast majority of our first years had subpar performances. Though, in the videos you've yet to watch, there are a few. . .

Diamonds in the rough.

———————————————————————

Team RWBY's Dorm

It was ten in the morning, and the table was set. Ruby had risen bright and early, and took the liberty to make her team some breakfast for their first real weekend in Beacon. The first actual one was spent adjusting to the school and unpacking.

Ruby: I am hoping to every god in existence that Weiss isn't high and mighty over pancakes. . .

She let out a sigh and stepped into the bathroom, getting ready for a morning shower.

Ruby: Hopefully I get out before Yang eats everything. . . *sweatdrops* Hopefully they wake up before Yang eats everything. . .

In took about five minutes of the shower blasting water for the Yellow Dragon to awake and rise, following closely by the already awake Black Enigma.

Yang: Something smells good.

Blake: Your sister cooked. I figured I'd wait for her to get out of the shower to go eat.

Yang: Mhm. . . Smells really good-

Blake: Do not do what you look like you're going to do.

Yang: Oh come on! It's just one bite!

Blake: . . .

Yang: . . . Okay, I'm lying.

Blake: . . .