Chapter 5

His pov

Micajah Stone

Although I have been the Alpha of my pack for almost 4 years now, I have never attended a fellow Alpha's accession to the role ceremony before. My father thinks this maybe a good idea to subtly visit another pack and see if I find my mate. I am here for the continuation of my packs and of Alpha Davis's pack friendship. My wolf loves the vibe that this pack has going. The forests and the clearing are too tempting to avoid and go for a quick run. I have driven here myself and plan to leave this pack the day after the ceremony.

Nat has helped me to pack a few necessities for the road and appropriate outfits for this ceremony. Shorts and a tee won't look apt for the role I have going.

I am 24 and mateless which is odd in my society. We generally find our mates after we turn 18 years of age.
I have been pretty relax about it before but as the time changed my anxiety and the packs need for a Luna increased.

I don't just want a mate. I want a companion. I want a person who will lead with me and stay with me inspite of the bond.

I have closely seen how the mate bond brings and binds two people together for eternity. But I also think people have no choice in the matter, it's fate and utter fate which no one can avoid.

The werewolf world is complex yet so easy to decipher and set in order.
The moon goddess ensured we followed a system to retain our uniqueness. We are humans and we are animals. We always have a choice to stay in whichever form we like. This needs to be guarded and protected. Hence Alphas have such a distinct responsibility and power to control the pack of people in his/her group.

I have promised my father to take a female as my choice mate if I don't find my fated mate within 12 months which is when I turn 25 . I do love the bachelor life but always feel empty, deep in my heart. No words can describe this feeling. No other wolf can relate. I push these thoughts aside, as I reach my destination.

I keep my bag in the jeep and head over to the Alpha house to find Alpha  Matthew Davis and congratulate him on the retired life. He definitely lead his pack well despite being widowed.
I enter the living room and instantly I  smell a lavender issh scent, a scent which has my  inner senses knocking,
a scent so pure and sublimal. I have to find her, my wolf surges to the surface  to see and find his mate. I let him take the lead. My intent behind this to give me some time to gather my thoughts and let my heart calm down.

I see a woman in the kitchen working, her curves hidden by the dress she has worn, she is dressed for the occasion. I let my eyes see the divine beauty in front of me.

She turns around as if I called for her, our eyes meet and the bond takes effect. My wolf is present to witness this meet and greet. He is praising his mate.'She is gorgeous, you better take care of her.'

I want to know more about her, I want to know her name, hold her, listen her voice. I quickly shut the stove off, where she has water boiling away.

She is just as affected as I am. I love the effect I have on her. Her pale skin turning red as she blushes. I smirk and let the glee show.

A short chapter, but I wanted a His pov when they meet for the first time.

645+words

Love,
A