afterlife of a god

· ─────── · ✵ · ─────── ·

Steven shouts "Hippo! Hippo!"

Marc says "Oh man! Wow these meds are really amazing."

Tawret says "Is he always so intense?"

Steven quickly holds tightly to Genie's arm and says "Who, him? Yeah, pretty much."

I roll my eyes as Genie steps forward, she smiles as she reaches for Tawret. I shake my head saying "Taweret, stop scaring people."

She smiles and Marc says "You know her??"

Taweret says "So, are you two, like, twins?"

I laugh and Steven says "Yeah. Sort of." Marc glares

I look around at the dissolved hospital, all being left is the pyramid I grew up with. I spin around seeing Genie dissapeared. "Genie? Genevieve?"

Taweret says "You know the cost, Sorah." I look to her angrily and say "No. Taweret, the scales need to decide. Osiris weighs the scales."

"Since you don't have anything to weigh, he rendered Genie human and she's gone."

She says calmly "Osiris and Anubis have decided without you

She says calmly "Osiris and Anubis have decided without you."

"No. I need to speak to them. This isn't fair."

Marc says "Sorah, what's going on?" Steven looks to us and I say "Osiris and Anubis have decided Genie's fate without me."

Steven says "What fate is that?"

Marc realizes and looks towards me. He says "Sorah.. don't do anything rash.." Stevens says "I'm sorry, what is Genie's fate? What is it?"

"Genevieve was a gift from the gods. Archie and her mother served the gods for so long and they requested the gods help. To have a child. Hence her name, Genevieve means gift from the gods. She was only created for Sorah and she's going to give her life for Sorah, as most do for gods and goddesses."

I snap saying "They don't need to know this, Taweret!"

Marc says "Sorah.." attempting to calm me down