chapter two

The corridors looked brighter than usual, as if they were cleaned over the summer. She admired the way the candles were not lit during the day, smiling and holding her book bag, hoping she gets good classes. Roaming the corridors before breakfast was her favourite part of the day, hearing the laughters of everyone else as she looked up, down, and all around to soak it in, telling herself that she's now safe.

Going up the steps to the main corridors where the great hall is, she was happy to be walking alone, humming a muggle tune that Sirius had blasted all throughout the house this summer. She tried to not smile knowing how upset her parents were, however the proud look she saw on Regulus when the two were painting in the garden.

Making her way to the Slytherin table, she thought to eat alone today, making sure she could jump ahead to read while eating her cereal: waiting for Sirius to come in with his friends.

Last night wasn't the best for the three siblings, ignoring each other when they kept looking at one another when the other wasn't looking.

There was a time where Nora felt tempted to throw a piece of bread at him, hoping it would get stuck in his hair— yet she didn't. She watched the way he smiled and winked at his friends, looking at those around him and being so happy, Nora just wished she was there to see his happiness up close and not from afar.

Turning the page to see Severus and Evans go opposite ways, Nora kept her head high to see Sirius and his friends all walk in together, probably plotting another prank on the Slytherins, being the easiest target these days. Last year Nora needed an extra tie from the boys bedroom, going into the cupboard to be confetti bombed that was temporarily permanent for a week. Walking around as if she and the other house members were decorations, wasn't very pleasant when professors finally realized it was her brother, especially Professor Mcgonnagol.

"Ah Miss. Black! Wonderful to see you again." Professor Slughorn came into the great hall with a cherry mood, making Nora fake smile. "You too sir! I missed talking to you." She charmed, putting her book down.

"Oh you," the old man became flustered by being acknowledged, handing out her timetable. "Bye sir." She smiled, waving a goodbye before she quickly skimmed through her classes and loving them.

Before lunch she had potions and Transfiguration, both with Gryffindor which she hated, ignoring that part to see her ending the day with Charms and defence of the dark arts, being with the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. It seemed like an okay day today before her, hearing the loud laughters at the Gryffindor table. Sirius looked like he was having a breathing problem with how much he was laughing, making Nora almost laugh herself at how loud he was.

"Nora this isn't healthy," Atticus came slamming his drink down. "How dare you eat cereal with orange juice on the side." He pretended to puke, shaking his head.

"Who hurt you?" The boy joked. She hated to admit how the jokes of Atticus made her snicker a little, having to tell herself to not look at Sirius anymore, staring at Atticus' schedule and happy to know they have potions together.

"What am I supposed to drink when having cereal?" Nora scoffed, drinking tbt orange juice and almost gaging, forgetting she just brushed her teeth.

"There's— there's  milk in the cereal. That is your drink." Atticus tried to make his point across, shaking his head. "I worry." He sighed. Nora smiled cheekily as she winked at the boys concern, watching him slurp the rest of his cereal.

"Ah hello cousin." Turning her head to see Evan and Regulus walk in, she noticed Reggie's other friend Barty crouch going to sit with some of the older Slytherins, looking with concern as rosier sat very closely to Nora. "No pranks?" Nora asked Reggie.