Chapter 6

His pov

Micajah Stone

The next day.

The only I conversation I had before we were interrupted by a pack and it's leaders, was enough to keep me the f*ck up all night. Her eyes begging me to keep this a secret, to shut up and leave. So I did, I obliged to her silent commands and let the day go by as planned. It immensely pained me to stay away from her, but my wolf became a dog with a wagging tail the moment he saw her.

I managed to sneak in a question as the reigning alpha was thanking me for coming. So the only thing I could ask her in the miniscule of a minute was.. yes..

I asked her out yesterday. I want to know her. I want to know how her mind works. I want to explore this like a human relationship and not let the mate bond impact it so deeply.

I will go pick her up from her packhouse in the afternoon. I am dressed in a black jeans and a white shirt, looking too formal I think as I second guess my attire.

The accession ceremony went smoothly yesterday. Her face showed immense  pride for her new Alpha, her brother Jake Davis. Accession ceremonies are definitely surreal and a experience in itself. It binds the alpha and the pack together on a much deeper level.

The blood binding which happens at the Alpha accession ceremony is sacred and one of its kind. The rush of packs thoughts and emotions coursing through your veins, enlightening a need to protect and preserve is a one of a kind feeling. My mind often goes back to my night of accession to the role of Alpha in my pack.

Turning the ignition off of my jeep I rapidly advance in the direction of my mate. By now we both have had time to process this new development. I have not told my pack members regarding this. Afraid they will make me rush into something we both are not ready for.

They need a Luna. I need a Luna for my pack. Their need for a certainty in the future quite evident to me. The pack members try to avoid and suppress their feelings from me all the time. The need too potent to conceal.

My wolf's name is Mason apt name for an Alpha.

Her scent has a wierd effect on me. It drives me awake yet comforts me in a way. I let my senses guide me towards her. A sudden urge to meet her builds up in me as I reach the doorknob and expect her father to receive me here.

The door opens slowly and her scent catches me off guard as it hits me with such intensity and I stumble on the step not falling over. My eyes meet hers. Blue to brown. Keeping eye contact she steps out and ushers me towards the scooter parked beside her house.

"Heyy how are you Penelope?" I ask
Not thinking about any other way to usher a conversation.
She replies, "I am good, I am actually  glad to meet you today. "

A smirk appearing on my face, "I missed you P, I really did. My wolf wants you around 24/7 even though we only have met yesterday."

She focuses on the keys in her hand," I feel the same. I want to spend some time with you. I hope a scooter ride with me today, sounds okay to you?"

" I would do anything with you, P
Whatever you want, Don't ever hesitate to ask, okay?" I state.

"I do this every time when I am at my pack.
I drive my scooter around the town and just let the road take me anywhere. I do have a spare helmet with me. Just wait here okay?" She says.

She walks to the garage situated near a tree and opens it up with a code. I watch her retreating form and take the moment to appreciate her outfit.
She is wearing a light yellow top with blue jeans and a black leather jacket with some shoes. I am totally unaware about brands and those hefty shops. I buy what I love to wear and wear them, not caring to notice and stick to one brand. Her style gives me the well put together and dressed for the occasion vibe. If there is even such a term. Heck, I need to pay attention to such stuff, women like men who appreciate small stuff and give attention to detail.

She comes towards me with two helmets in tow and flipping her hair out of her face. Her natural beauty on show as oppose to yesterday.

She hands me the helmet and moves over to the driving end of the scooter.
I watch her climb onto this two wheeler and turn the key in ignition.

I am a bit skeptical to ride pilot but my wolf urging me to do what our mate wants us to do. I sit at the back, deliberately taking the support of her shoulder and sit comfortably with my feet almost touching the ground.

Our height difference is cute but not too much to make it visibly difficult.
She starts off with slow speed and takes us out of her neighbourhood towards the opening near the garden I suppose. We drive in silence making casual conversations along the way.

I ask about her dad, her brother and her brother's mate. She enthusiastically gives me an update.
She is driving confidently and going around like she knows the terrain by heart. I want to ask her the reason as to why she doesn't live with her pack, her family. What made her leave. Wolves rarely leave their pack to live in a human setup and work so closely with them. There are some but rarely with Alpha genes running in them.

Alpha gene in one makes you want to shift more often, the urge to help and live for your people dynamic and so up your sleeve, that we are meant to be what we are meant to be.

She drives to a garden, which looks different from others in terms of setup. We park near a open space, I get down and remove the severely tight helmet, hooking it on the side bar. She does the same, freeing her hair from the reins of the helmet, causing her scent to reach me in multitudes.

"Come on, I want to show you something, "
I follow her .

She begins
"This is the garden me and my mother the erstwhile Luna set up a few years before I shifted. We  planted the trees and the pack and us would help in nurturing them. Watering them, digging up trenches, me and her were actively involved in this project. I loved working with my mom on this.
This garden was her baby just like me and my older brother. I come here whenever I can. This is the only place where I have only good memories about her and with her. I know you have questions as to why I left and don't live with my pack." She says.

I cup her face and bring her to face me. "You don't have to share something you don't want to P. I respect your need to keep some things private. Hell I have many things to share." My tone almost close to a pleading as I don't want her to open up to me if she doesn't want to.

"We all have things deep within, things we went through on a personal level. I do appreciate your thought to tell me things. But please let's take baby steps." I state.

She stares at me bewildered,
" I want to make some things straight, so I want to. Trust me I want to Micajah. You are my mate. And I believe you need to know this. I was not able to talk how I feel about this yesterday due to the ceremony. But you need to hear me out mica.
I didn't stay away from you. I didn't run away  from my future mate. I was not hiding. I was dealing with my personal feelings and emotions that I needed a fresh  start. A place away from my people, the house, a constant reminder where I lost my most favorite person. You must have heard my pack didn't have a Luna for years until now. My mother was brutally murdered." She says.

Her voice breaking, tears welling up in her eyes." I just didn't want to stay. I look too similar to my mother. After she died I was a constant reminder of what my pack was missing, what their alpha was missing. I couldn't manage myself let alone my pack. I decided to face my demons first before, and not to be in my father's eyesight."

She continues after a pause, "I know it's selfish but that is what I needed I guess. So you see, it's not like I was avoiding a mate. It just was not on my mind. I am sorry that I kept our wolves apart from each other."

Another tear slips past her eyes, I wipe it with the pad of my index finger.
My wolf is angry with me,
Mindlinking me
'Never make mate cry'
His tone a warning laced with grief.

I cup her face with one hand and tug her hand with my other. Her chest lightly colliding with mine. "Don't blame yourself for anything. I am glad we met, we have this opportunity to talk freely. Don't shy away and feel obligated that you owe me an apology. Because only those circumstances moulded us into our present selves. Let's focus on our future and our present. We are mates, P, fated mates. Fate brought us together." I tell her.

1650+words

Love,
A