[ 44 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
- THE TASTE OF HER LIP BALM -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Slamming the door behind him, Jiwoo plopped down on Sunghoon's bed, tired. She yawned for a second or two and then closed her eyes.

Sunghoon dove into his closet and rummaged there a bit. Jiwoo sat up straight on the bed and tilted her head slightly as she looked at the boy. Busily, he was searching for something in his closet.

A broad smile appeared on her face as she looked at him. She didn't even realize that her facial expression was changing. Her feelings never changed in all this time she had been away from him.

The same goes for his feelings. He had been lonely and heartbroken over her all this time. Now that she is back, he has become a completely different person. His heart began to beat faster around her, his stomach made the same twists as it had at school earlier, and he felt at ease again.

He would make sure that she was comfortable with him and that they could grow old together.

Finally, Sunghoon had found what he was looking for. He took the thing, a gray sweater of his, in his hands and turned to Jiwoo, who was sitting upright on the bed staring at him with a smile. Sunghoon chuckled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Jiwoo quickly looked the other way when Sunghoon caught her and giggled softly. "It's nothing," She replied as a red blush formed on her pale pink cheeks from embarrassment.

Sunghoon chuckled again and threw the sweater down on the floor. He dove into his bed, pushing Jiwoo backwards, making her lie down on his bed on her back. Jiwoo squealed in startlement.

Suddenly, unexpectedly, Sunghoon hovered above Jiwoo and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

Jiwoo fell silent and looked straight at Sunghoon, who hovered above her. So he did. She swallowed as his lips formed a grin when he saw her head turn as red as a tomato.

She relaxed her lips, which were still completely in shock from the kiss, as was the rest of her body. She blinked her eyes a few times.

Sunghoon slowly stroked his hand down her cheek until it reached her chin. He took his hand back and, with his eyes closed, dove down once more before pressing his lips on hers again.

This time, a response came back from Jiwoo. She closed her eyes.

Their lips slid over each other smoothly and breathed each other's breath. Jiwoo took hold of strength by grabbing Sunghoon's arms. She felt his strong, sturdy muscles.

The taste of Jiwoo her raspberry lip balm could be tasted on his lips. Through the kiss, Sunghoon smiled. He deepened the kiss even more.

Jiwoo her whole body trembled. Her heart was beating like crazy as thousands of butterflies flew through her stomach. It tingled, tickled, but she loved the feeling.

Slowly, Sunghoon distanced himself. Both of them opened their eyes again and looked at each other. Sunghoon smiled at her so to speak in a shy state.

"Sunghoon," Jiwoo said softly as she let go of his arms.

"Mhm?" Sunghoon hummed in response as he lay down next to Jiwoo on the bed. Both turned on their said so they could look into each other's faces.

"I love you," Jiwoo replied as the corners of her lips began to slowly move until a smile formed on her face.

Sunghoon grabbed Jiwoo's hand tightly, brought it up to his face and placed a kiss on it. "I love you more, Jiwoo," he responded.

The girl chuckled as she lay flat on her back. "I'm tired."

"I understand," The boy replied. "Go to sleep. Sleep is important for you."

Jiwoo giggled briefly before lying back on her other side, her back facing Sunghoon.

Sunghoon looked at Jiwoo, who closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep. He chuckled before slipping his hands around her body and pulling her toward him until her back and his stomach were touching.

Jiwoo squealed again, but not loudly, as she was tired. "What are you doing?" She asked laughingly.

"I want you to sleep in my arms," Sunghoon said.

"Whatever you want, prince charming," Jiwoo giggled before closing her eyes again and dozing off in Sunghoon's arms in a few minutes.

Gosh, Sunghoon loves her so much.

He can't even describe it.

Looking at her sleepy figure, Sunghoon wiped a strand of hair out of her face and closed his eyes too. It felt good having her in his arms and it also felt good that she was comfortable with him. It was the only thing he wanted.

She is finally happy again and he's happy for her.