Chapter 42. The Right Moment

Sparks arose, as each blade skidded across one another.

The demon's body began to warp—the shadows splitting apart to reveal a gloomy-looking girl. November held no expression on her face. She continued to dodge each Royal Knight's attack, occasionally kicking back their sword until it flies out from their grip.

Arrows flew out, aiming for the demon.

Percival gave a "tsk", as all his arrows were deflected by the demon's strong prowess. His lean figure was imposing, additionally with the bow strung across his shoulder. The moonlight lowered its gaze upon him, showering him in the wondrous light.

Lucilline picked up his spear from the ground, bloodied with the demon's shadows.

Beside him was Daphnne, holding her rose-hilted sword. Azalea held his sword as well, his amethyst purple eyes not wavering in the slightest. "Let's go." His voice was death-gripping, not a single fluctuation. He was not scared.

Therefore, Lucilline must also not be.

He held his breath, then smiled. "Let's go."

November avoided all the Royal Knights' sword, but suddenly, another striking sword swung out of midair! Her eyes widened, and she gritted her teeth.

It's Azalea...!

She had always wanted to kill this man. White hair, amethyst purple eyes. He works purely based on justice—but that is what he convinces himself with. Sometimes, November felt pitiful for the man. He acts like he is doing everything for the greater good, but is it truly...?

"I will kill you." November squinted her eyes. For the greater good.

She threw her claw against the male lead's face—only to be blocked by a spear.

"...Lucilline!" Azalea almost tripped over his words.

Lucilline didn't spare him a glance, as he focused on blocking the demon. November fumed, as she swiped her claws wildly. Each blow was blocked though, narrowly brushing past the black-haired nobleman's pale cheeks.

Daphnne quickly stabbed her sword up the demon's abdomen—only cutting a shallow wound—before being thrown off.

That didn't matter though.

The Royal Knights threw themselves on top of November, pinning her to the Church's ground. November screamed, flailing wildly. She hated the floor of the Church! This was built to be a place of blessings and peace, but it was also built based on a pile of lies and curses! There is nothing Holy about this Church!

Dimitri did not bring the Sword of Gravity this time.

He took a regular sword, but it did not decrease his intimidation by any bit. The Crown Prince showed a pair of hazel brown eyes, watching in indifference.

He leaped—one second passed, and Dimitri was immediately in front of November—

The demon couldn't even react before the sword shone before her face. November's eyes suddenly glowed crimson red—the glass broke.

A giant pack of demons had broke inside the Church...!

"Ahh, help!" The Head Priest screamed. The demons were like a bundle of warped shadows, their figures constantly bending its shape, as if made of mere concentrated water.

The figure of the Crown Prince paused.

This gave November a chance to breathe, instantly changing her shadows. Her body grew in shape and size, bulking and growing like an unidentifiable creature. She consecutively knocked off the Royal Knights, then ran back. No matter how incompetent the Royal family's current generation was, she should never underestimate the power of humanity.