Closer

Age:15

Age:15

Evelyn's POV:

Mom had returned from filming MoM in London, normally people would think I was very happy that she was back... I mean I was but I felt like it didn't really matter that much.

I loved my mom alot as my dad says I would only want her when I was a baby and a toddler. I still want her but I feel like I just can't.

She's always busy and I dont have the courage to ask her for things since I dont want to be a burden to her.

As a result people call me a daddy's girl since dad was the one I hung out with more.

I was sitting on my bed when I realized I left my earbuds in my jackets pocket which was downstairs.

I went downstairs and saw my mom sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Hi mom." I said trying to start a conversation.

"Hi honey. " she said not looking up.

I just sighed and went to get my earbuds I was going to walk up the stairs when I heard my mom ask a question "Ev what do you want for dinner?" She asked turning around.

"Anything is fine. " I said with a smile. She smiled back and went back to reading her book.

I looked at her for a moment and decided to sit next to her instead of going up and sitting alone in my room.

I went to the other end of the sofa where she was sitting and sat down.

I put my earbuds on, I was listening to music while chatting with my friends.

After a while I looked up to my mom she was still reading her book. I just stared at her until she looked up which made me look back down trying not to make eye contact.

Then I saw her stand up to which I'm guessing to make dinner.

So I just continued to look at my phone.

"Dinners ready Evelyn!" Mom said from the kitchen.

I took my earbuds out and walked to the dinner table, she walked in with the food in her hands and put a plate in front of me "Thank you. " I said smiling "Welcome." she said.

The dinner table was silent like always normally dad would make conversations with us but he wasn't here today, and me and mom wouldn't really talk much so I decided to finish my dinner quickly so I could just leave.

I quickly put the last piece of my dinner in my mouth and took a sip of water. I looked up at mom "Thank you for the food. " she smiled "Your welcome. " I took my dish and walked into the kitchen and put it into the sink.