"I thought you loved me"

"Even though you don't see your future yet, I do, because this is what I want to keep for as long as I can."
She turns around with a tear falling down her cheek, and gives him a kiss. 'That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I want to keep this too', she whispers against his lips. He kisses her back, and puts his hands on her waist, not wanting to let go. Shit, that hurts, please let go, she thinks to herself. His hand is on the same spot that she was kicked over and over only an hour ago. The pain is bearable, but the risk of her showing she's in pain is not, he'll know she got beat up, and if he goes after them Daichi's father will throw him in jail. In the heat of the moment, Amaya tries to lift her shirt, but she pushes his hand away. 'I'm sorry, I just don't think I'm ready for that.' 'Hey, don't apologize. I should've asked if you were okay with it.' She tries not to think of the stinging pain in her side where his hand is resting, clearly not noticing she's in ache. 'I should get going anyway, my mother should be home soon...' she says while slowly backing away, further than his arms can reach. 'Let's talk tomorrow, you don't seem like yourself today.' 'I can't, there is a lot of homework I didn't finish today. You know how tough my mother can be, she might not let me leave the house ever again.' As if that isn't the case yet, are the words going through his mind. 'I have an idea, what if you came here tomorrow to do your homework. And when there is something you don't understand, I can help.' 'That's a sweet offer, but... How do I say this right. I know we're in the same year, but the standards of our schools are....different.' 'Your school is fancier, but the assignments can't be that different.' Reika 'You never told me-' she stops, not wanting to finish her sentence. She doesn't have time to listen to the story about why he switched schools in his second year. 'Continue' 'never mind' 'are you sure?' 'yeah, it's not that important. I should really go now, my mother usually gets home at five O'clock.'

She walks to the door when Amaya grabs her wrist, 'before you go, I just want you to know that I'll always be there for you. No matter what, so if you need anything, I don't care how unimportant, just call.' She turns around to look in his eyes, 'I will, thank you.' Reika hugs him tightly, and he hugs her back.

The sound of keys opening the door and feet hitting the squeaky wood tell the girl that her mother has arrived, she hasn't been waiting for more than ten minutes, close call, but she made it. 'I know you don't like going to school, but running it is not a recommendation either.' Her mother sits on the couch, next to her, 'sounds fun, how are the parents this year? Any good-looking single fathers?' 'How many times do I have to repeat that I'm not allowed to date parents from students who go to my school?' 'But you have never been on a date, not after you met dad atleast.' 'There is no need, I'm perfectly happy like this, just the two of us. As long as you listen to me we don't need another person in our house.' Reika turns to her mother, 'hey mom, I was wondering when we can invite Ryota and Amaya over again.' 'That depends on how well you can behave. Talking about guests, grandmother is going to stay with us for a few days.' She jumps up, 'really? When is she coming?' 'She will arrive this saturday, and for dinner I thought we could take her to a restaurant in the city. That reminds me, you need to go shopping for a dress tomorrow.' 'But I don't have enough time to take the bus after school before the shops close. How am I supposed to do that?' Her mother puts on a frightening smile, 'There is someone who has already agreed to take you there with his car.' 'Who are you talking about?' 'Nakamura, he is in the same year as you, we had dinner at their house a few times.' Reika's mouth has fallen open, 'Daichi?! You're sending me alone to the city with him? I thought you loved me, guess that was just a lie.' 'Reika! Don't say such things to me. And that boy really likes you, he talks only about you according to his parents.' She sighs, 'so he's a creep and has a crush on me? Maybe I can go to the bus right after school and be there around seven-' 'You're not taking the bus, he'll pick you up from home at five-thirty, so you'll have enough time to put on a nice outfit and change your make-up.' 'Fine, but I won't pretend to have fun.'

...

"Heyy handsome"

'Amaya!' 'What?' Ryota is sitting on the couch downstairs while his little brother sticks his head out of the slightly opened bathroom door. 'Your girlfriend has texted again.' He quickly ties a towel around his waist and shakes his head to get some water out of his hair. 'Where is it?' His brother holds the phone in his hand, and points it in his direction. 'Thanks' 'no problem'

"Good evening beautiful"

"I can't come over tomorrow"

"Oh. That's too bad. Why?"

"My grandmother is coming over this weekend and my mother wants me to get a new dress."

"Okay, what about after your mother has fallen asleep?"

"Very funny. She'll wake up instantly. But I need to get some sleep, just wanted to inform you about it."

"Allright, but if I'm in your dream and you don't text me about it, I will be pissed."

"Depends on what the dream is."

"If it's a sexy dream, I'll jump through the window to make it come true."

"I was gonna say then you won't hear about it."

"The glass in your window better be hoping that you won't have a dream about me at all."

"That makes two of us."
"Goodnight💜"

"Sweet dreams😘"