Current Life

You were 23 and didn't really have a home of your own after being kicked out of your apartment when people found out you were a radiant and even fired from your job because of it. You roamed the streets for a bit as a cat until you were randomly picked up by strangers and in a way adopted by them. They let you roam and do whatever you wanted so you would leave during the day and get back at night, if you even felt like it that is. They would pet you and give you attention occasionally but not much since they were always busy at work so they wouldn't be home often.

When they were away you would make yourself something to eat instead of the cat food they left for you since it was gross to you. You only really ate small amounts like a cat since you had a small appetite in any form so not much food would go missing and you'd always clean up after yourself making it look like nothing was ever made in the first place. The cat food that was left though you would bring to the strays so it didn't go to waste and the people that took you in wouldn't suspect anything or think your sick.

One day while you were laying on a park bench as it was getting dark. You decided you would stay out a little bit later than usual with the stray cats since there was nothing to do at the house anyway. You laid there with your eyes closed and after a while you heard foot steps, you opened your eyes to see a figure of a person walking towards you. All the other cats around you ran off to one of the other park benches the closer the person got. They sat on the bench and sighed, their sigh sounded odd and different than a normal person.

You sat up to take a moment to actually get a good look at them and then you noticed that the person wasn't really a person, it was like a live shadow of some sort but they didn't seem they were going to do any harm so you didn't move from your spot.

After awhile the strange man or shadow looked over to you and tried to pet you but since you were very spectacle about him you hissed at him so he wouldn't touch you. He took the hint and backed his hand away.

"I'm sorry for frightening you little one, that was not my intention"

You looked at him confused that he actually spoke to a cat but it made you feel like you could just lay back down and know he's not going to try to pet you.

The man sighed again and you couldn't help but wonder what was on his mind so you sat up once more and stared in his direction and let out a meow as to say "what's wrong" Hoping he would start talking again

The man looked at you and questioned why you let out a meow

"Is there something that you want? Oh...are you hungry? I'm sorry but I don't have anything on me"

You meowed again (("no, no, I want to know what's wrong with you")) at times like these you wish you could just transform back into human form but that would only cause a scene

"Your quite an interesting one aren't you? I wish I would understand you so that I knew what you wanted"

He turned himself to face you and sat criss cross applesauce

"Maybe having a cat would be better for me? Would you like to come home with me one day little one? I'll wait till you'll even let me pet you though, I know I look like a monster...but I promise to not hurt you"

You felt bad that he thought of himself in such a way and gave a soft meow

"Ah..it is like you understand me, I just wish you actually could and even talk" the man chuckled softly at himself "I guess I am also a weird one for thinking that"

(("Yes you kinda are but mostly because you are talking to a cat")) you thought

"I'm sorry if I scare you because of how I look, as you can see I am not normal but I hope for others to see that I'm still a man but I know that to many I will always be a monster in their eyes"

You could hear how upset that made him and wanted to comfort him but you didn't want him to think that he could take you home if you were comfortable enough to allow him to pet you or get close to him. So you just continued to sit there and listen to the weird man vent

"Everytime someone sees me I can immediately see the fear in their eyes, that is why I try not to show myself to much around others but...I like to go on strolls at times...so I try to go out when the sun is going down or just at night when people aren't really roaming around outside in these areas."

The man takes a moment to look around but then turns his attention to you once more and chuckles which oddly sounds pleasing to you

"It seems like the only one not to show any fear automatically is a cat, except for when I tried petting you of course but that's understandable. Just happy that you didn't run away from me like the others did earlier little one"

(("I mean you are new so that's why they ran off, if you came often they would probably get comfortable around you and maybe even let you pet them"))

And like he read your mind somehow he speaks once more and says he needs to go but he'll come more often

You meow once more to him as a goodbye as he walks off

---------------

For around a year he comes by when the sun is setting or night sets in, there are times were he doesn't show up for a couple of days but that's understandable since people have other things to do but you slowly started looking forward to each day because of him and when he wouldn't show up you would be disappointed and bored for the rest of the day or till you saw him again.

The stray cats that you would usually hang around with warmed up to the man and even let him pet them. You on the other hand would never let him get to close or pet you because you were afraid you might get attached somehow and also the fact that he said he wanted to take you home if you got comfortable with him.

You were fine with the current Life you had.