𝟏| 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER ONE:

LOSING EACH OTHER

THE SUN WAS scorching hot as it shined down on the people in the Arabian desert in the small town near the kingdom

THE SUN WAS scorching hot as it shined down on the people in the Arabian desert in the small town near the kingdom. In the market that laid below the castle of Agrabah, a crowd of civilians could be seen as they handed their money to the clerks to buy food for either themselves of their small families.

On lines hanging from one building to another, clothes had been drying underneath the hot and shining sun after being washed in the buckets full of water where people could be seen washing their own clothes for the day, knowing they'd need to wash the clothes they were currently wearing the next day and then clean their children's clothing, if they were parents themselves.

The occasional wind went by in the desert, causing the sand to fly up sometimes and fly around people's eyes as they closed them shut in hopes of not getting sand in their eyes.

Within the crowd, two little kids could be seen holding hands as they pushed their way through, making it look like they were siblings, which they actually were. The older sibling, the boy, kept a tight grip on his little sister's hand as he led her through the crowd, clutching the coins they had gotten in his other hand so they'd be able to get some food.

A little monkey sat on one of the girl's shoulders, glancing around as he occasionally let out squeaks as if he was speaking to the girl he was with. No adults seemed to notice the little kids pushing past their legs in hopes of getting to one of the stands where they sold the best bread in Agrabah, at least that's what they thought since they hadn't lived anywhere else and they were born and were growing up here. They didn't plan on leaving their home, despite being known as small little street rats.

Eventually, they found themselves in front of the stand as the boy hands the clerk the coins, asking for a loaf of bread that they would split apart and be able to share with one another and also make sure to give their best friend, the monkey, some as well.

The clerk had furrowed their brows, glancing around in search to see if their parents were close by upon seeing how young they were but didn't say anything as they handed a loaf of bread right to the boy, letting his small hands take it from their bigger ones, smiles coming onto the siblings faces at the sight of food, hearing and feeling their own stomachs churn and growl just to show how hungry they actually were.

As they walked away, still holding hands, the monkey had moved to the boy's shoulder as the said boy split the bread, handing the bigger piece to his little sister before they started eating while walking through the small town they lived in.

While they passed more stands, the girl glanced around, her bright e/c eyes looking at all the food and the souvenirs that clerks were trying to sell to the people that walked by. Catching sight of a very shiny looking bracelet on one of the stands with other pieces of jewlery, but the bracelet caught her attention the most.