Chapter Four: Butterflies

"Don't you think it's a bit creepy?" Y/N spoke up while resting his chin on his hands.

He and Hermione were sat at the library as usual, studying together.

"What's creepy?" Hermione asked, turning to look at her best friend.

"He's always staring at you." Y/N said lazily, not lifting his eyes from his book.

Hermione looked from her book while tucking her hair behind her ear to see Viktor Krum eyeing her like a prize to be won.

"Don't make it so obvious, Lion."

"Perhaps he's a little lonely and he's just shy?" Hermione suggested, flipping the page on her book.

"Lonely?" Y/N scoffed, turning to face her.

"Have you seen all the fans he has?"

Hermione looked Y/N in the eyes, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Popular people can be lonely." She defended.

"Why are you defending him?" Y/N spat out, a bit taken aback.

"You know it's creepy."

"Y/N-" Hermione began to speak but cut herself off, not really sure why either.

Y/N went quiet, feeling a bit annoyed for some reason. Whenever he saw him look at her, it made his heart ache and he didn't know why.

"Y/N." Hermione called out to him after a few minutes of silence.

Y/N ignored her, feeling a lump in his throat.

"Y/N." Hermione called out to him once more, placing her soft hand onto his.

Y/N turned to look at her, gulping when he saw the genuinely conflicted expression on her face.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." She apologized, staring deeply into his pale eyes.

Y/N sighed, looking down as he shook his head.

"No, I'm sorry." Y/N swallowed his pride.

He flipped his hand over to hold hers tightly. Y/N and Hermione always seemed to get lost into each others eyes. He didn't mean to get jealous over Krum. Really. He was genuinely concerned about the way Krum looked at Hermione every time they were in the library together but he ended up feeling like he'd somehow lose Hermione if he had let the situation keep going.

"I'm sorry, Hermione."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Amazing!" Neville grinned, knees deep into the lake as he fiddled around with some plants.

"Amazing!" He repeated himself.

"Neville. You're doing it again." Harry said, folding his book in his lap.

Harry was sat against a tree that Y/N had climbed, laying across on a thick branch. Y/N was beyond bored. Hermione had gone off with Ron early that day so he was left with Harry and Neville. Y/N could have hung out with the other students but all the Slytherin's were interested in at the moment was how Y/N and Harry managed to join the Triwizard Tournament. Of course he could also hang out with the other houses but he was not in the mood to be in the middle of gossip.

"Oh." Neville's voice was small.

"Right, sorry."

"'Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs'?" Harry read out.

"Yeah, Moody gave it to me." Neville replied.

"That day we had tea."

"It's already been through enough people." Y/N sat up on the branch upon hearing his favorite person's voice.