Deal With It

Vote and Comment 🥰

Brielle frowned sitting in her car. Her nerves trying to burst from her seams. Contemplating chickening out and running. After all it would only be revenge right. Leaving like her mother did all those years ago. Some poetic justice if you please. Her eyes glanced around the parking lot. Watching people come and go. She was already an hour late. Who's to say her mother didn't already leave? 

"You don't have to do this mami." She jumped at Quentin's voice. Having forgotten he was on the phone. Too lost in her thoughts. 

"Shit, sorry forgot you were there." She sighed, realizing he had just been sitting there. 

"It's okay baby. Listen, you can leave. You don't have to see her. Lou said get your closure. He never said it had to be face to face. It's all your choice." 

"I know.....I'm scared." Brielle admitted, she felt so small sitting there. Afraid of what this conversation was going to open up inside her. 

"I'm right here. If you want you can take me with you. I won't hang up." 

"Promise?" She whispered, the vulnerability thick in her voice. 

"Promise." He responded, taking a deep breath she finally turned the car off. 

Clutching her phone in her hand like he was here in the flesh. Sadly he had an emergency business flight that was taking him to Mexico for the night. Exiting her car she grabbed her purse. Taking those hard steps into the building. Thinking of her conversation with her grandfather. To pull strength from the family because regardless of the outcome they'd catch her. 

Her mother was the one who reached out to her father. Which he promptly said go fuck yourself. As much of a bad idea he thought it was, he respected his father's insight. So it took him a life's supply of self control to be able to let this go down. As long as she came right over to see him afterwards. Giving her name the waiter led her through the tables. Of course it'd be the place she ran into her at. As they neared a table her heart plummeted at the woman looking her over with such joy and wonder. 

She rushed to stand her face stuck in awe

She rushed to stand her face stuck in awe. Brielle could do nothing but stare at this woman. From the short distance she could smell the soft floral scent of her perfume. Elise offered a gentle smile, not sure what to do herself. Opting to stick her hand out for a handshake. Brielle jerked back, staring at it like it was a weapon of mass destruction. Elise pulled her hand back offering an apologetic look. 

"Have a seat, please." She voiced, Brielle tensed at the sound of her voice. So soft and sweet, yet she abandoned her firstborn child. Watching her sit first, Brielle then took a seat. Setting her phone down on the table. She simply stared at the older woman. She was beautiful, her skin near flawless. She could see why her father had fallen back then. Elise tilted her head soaking up the moment.