CHAPTER 24: SPICE

The boys asked me to come over for pizza. Well, they invited me to hang out by asking me if they should get pizza. They debated whether to get that or wings for a good ten minutes before Nick finally said, "Wait, y/n, do you want to come over too?" I decided not to take it personally.

I walk through the door with a knock when I get there. They hate when I make them get up to get the door, and I don't necessarily want to walk in on anybody naked.

When I brought that point up, Clay looked at me as if I had asked what his favorite murder weapon was. He furrowed his brows, said a quiet 'what the fuck' before finally asking, "Do you think we just walk around the house naked all the time?"

"Well, I would hope not, but I don't know what you guys do in your free time," I had said with a shrug.

"Who do you think we are?" Nick chimed in, "Wild animals?"

I gave him a pointed look. "I've seen you scarf down food, Nick. It's a possibility."

Clay was still looking at me like I was crazy, while Nick pondered on the whole thing.

"I mean, I could run around naked upstairs since nobody else is up there with me." Nick looked at Clay, almost like he was asking for approval.

Now the look I was getting was given to Nick. "Why in the world would you do that? What if I went upstairs to ask you something?"

"You would text me."

"No." Clay shook his head. "You are not going to walk upstairs all willy nilly."

"Willy nilly?" I laughed.

Clay ignored me. "What if I walked around naked downstairs? Technically nobody lives downstairs with me."

Nick shook his head aggressively. "Nuh-uh. You can't do that."

"Why not?" Clay countered.

"Because I eat down here, dude!" Nick had argued. "My goldfish are in the pantry. Don't scare them by walking around buck-ass naked."

I just turned my head as they went back and forth for a while. Ultimately, it was decided that Clay (thankfully) should not be able to walk around downstairs, but Nick could walk from his room to the bathroom naked only and as long as nobody is home.

There was no actually decision for what I should do when I walk in the front door.

I had already made up my own mind after that, and the boys don't seem to mind. It was honestly my fault for bringing up being naked with them. I had no idea it would have such a rippling effect with them.

So now I just knock on the door as I open it. It's a gesture I've noticed them do while we've been friends, so I've decided just to adapt to it.

"I'm here!" I call out as I enter, which was a decision made by the big naked-walking-fiasco of 2022. I should call out when I walk in just in case Nick is in fact walking from his room to his bathroom with his ass cheeks out.

"Kitchen."

I follow the sound of the voice to the kitchen. Nick and Clay are staring at something on the counter with intensity. Clay slides a plate with pizza across the counter towards me, not looking up from the object in front of them.

It's a dark wire thing with slots. It sits nicely on the counter, standing up by itself.

I take a bite of my pizza. "What are you guys looking at?"

Nick sighs and hits his palm on the counter once. "Clay's mom dropped it off earlier and said it would be nice for the house."

"Well that's nice," I say.