Chapter 39

"I have questions for youNumber one, tell me who you think you areYou got some nerve trying to tear my faith apartNumber two, why would you try and play me for a fool?I should have never ever ever trusted youNumber three, why weren't you, who you ...

Number one, tell me who you think you are
You got some nerve trying to tear my faith apart
Number two, why would you try and play me for a fool?
I should have never ever ever trusted you
Number three, why weren't you, who you swore that you would be?
I have questions, I got questions haunting me."

Delilah's POV

Delilah's POV

" Marissa.. " I said in pure shock, and she sighed.

" Marissa.. hmm. Well, I guess I shouldn't be angry.. Brielle is your mom now. I'm assuming.. with you two and Killian playing family for the longest time.. I was bound to get this sort of reaction. " She shrugged as if it wasn't breaking me down as she was sitting across from me. I stared at her for a moment as my brain couldn't process what was going on....

No honestly... What the actual fuck is going on.

First, Michael dies in front of me after trying to kidnap me.. then Marissa sits across from me as if we've known each other forever.. Am I about to have a panic attack?

" If you've picked up anything from Brielle.. I just know you are about to have a panic attack.. or maybe you're in the middle of one already. I can't really tell. " She muttered, confused, and I gazed at her wide-eyed. Am I dreaming?

" What.. What are you doing here? " I asked, seemingly out of breath, and she sighed.

" I don't know, really.. I haven't seen you since you were just a child. You probably hate me for all I know.. by the way, speaking of deadbeat parents.. how's Michael? Did he visit yet? " She asked, and it took me a moment to realize she was waiting for my response.

" He's dead.. " I whispered, and she nodded.

" Figures.. the idiot couldn't hold on to much anyway.. much less hold onto his life. " She muttered angrily, and she sighed..

" Tell me, was it your Uncle? " She asked, and I nodded slowly. She smiled softly, and I sat frozen in my seat.

" How... Why... When- " I began and she stopped me.